Direct deposit and unemployment

Austinnoah1
New Community Member

Hello,

I had my unemployment sent to my paypal and the first deposit was today the 10th of April...

however nothing has shown on my account, despite the unemployment website saying the payment has been sent.

What’s going on?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

BellaireDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Unemployment shows my payment date as today (the 8th) but also nothing in my account. 

Fingers crossed. Paypal seems to be fumbling this like they did the stimulus checks.

Login to Me Too

Virginiagamecoc
Contributor
Contributor
I hope you get it today ! Everyone I know in Virginia that gets unemployment, gets it Wednesday , yet I’m still waiting . It’s just like the stimulus payment all over again. I changed my deposit info to chime yesterday so next weeks payment won’t be a guessing game .
Login to Me Too

BellaireDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, please report back if anyone gets their payment. 

Login to Me Too

Emmy_rolledx
Contributor
Contributor
That’s what I’m afraid of mines 7900 is it going to reject ift
Login to Me Too

Dprud5232
Contributor
Contributor

Well i tell you what I did everything correct and my 1st 3 payments came in without a problem now so far not only has my 4th payment not come in but now my damn 5th payment hasnt shown up and its **bleep** 410.....**bleep** this **bleep**! Can someone explain why it hasnt shown up I neeed this money desperately and i cant figure out why i cant get it! Sry for my language im in desperate need of bill money

Login to Me Too

Soxzie
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the exact same issue. I filed my weekly claim for Wisconsin Unemployment on Sunday May 10th. It is now Tuesday May 12th and I have not received my payment. With my Walmart Money card, the money would have been deposited onto the account by 4:30am Tuesday morning, at the latest!

I also have yet to receive any of my back payments for the extra 600. I feel like a fool for switching my direct deposit information when everything was going just fine using my Walmart Moneycard. Believe me, I have changed my direct deposit information back to using Walmart on the Wisconsin Unemplyment page for method of payment. I am not going to go through this next week too. I was seriously counting on this money today because I have yet to receive any of my back packment money for the retroactive 600 dollar payments. So not only am I waiting on the $2400 dollars back pay, I am now waiting for my $735 for this week. A total of $3,135 dollars up in limbo right now when I have bills to pay and plans that I had. So frustrating.

I called the Wells Fargo banks that Paypal uses but they said that I need to talk to PayPal directly. PayPal's call centers are closed due to the Covid-19 crisis. I ended up emailing a representative and he said that he can't even see that there are any pending deposits in my account either. So Who knows. I'm really getting sick of this waiting game. I will definitely be making as many phone calls as I can and sending out as many emails as I can. Squeaky wheel gets the oil and maybe if I make a big enough ruckus someone will be willing to do something for me!

Login to Me Too

BellaireDesigns
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck Soxie. Im in the same boat as you. My money was supposed to be deposited on the 8th and its the 13th still with no money. I havent worked in 2 months and have upwards of $4000 of unemployment just floating in space. Very frustrating. I also will be switching direct deposit info
Login to Me Too

Sfisher91
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone gotten their payment? how long did you wait???

Login to Me Too

JamesonLogan
Contributor
Contributor
Ive received two payments so far. They were deposited into my paypal at 4am. Each time came a day after the email from TWC stating they released the funds to my bank which came a day after my payment request.
Login to Me Too

Itsmesteph
Contributor
Contributor
What’s a payment request?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.