Direct deposit and unemployment

Austinnoah1
New Community Member

Hello,

I had my unemployment sent to my paypal and the first deposit was today the 10th of April...

however nothing has shown on my account, despite the unemployment website saying the payment has been sent.

What’s going on?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

foreverkeshiaaa
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get it ?

Login to Me Too

Misterstuffy
Contributor
Contributor
I think PayPal keeps the money for a month before they post it. Switched bank accounts on direct deposit and boom, Instant fix
Login to Me Too

Temp20210222g
Contributor
Contributor

did you get your unemployment

Login to Me Too

Tyarrea16
Did it come?
Login to Me Too

Did you ever receive it.. and if so how long did it take also if it didn't end up coming what did you have to so to finally get your . money
Login to Me Too

JamesonLogan
Contributor
Contributor
You should get it a day after your processing date. So if your unemployment site says the 5th you'll prob get it around 3am or so on the 6th, hopefully!
Login to Me Too

Virginiagamecoc
Contributor
Contributor
I supposed to got mine on the 6th of May and I haven’t received anything ! This is ridiculous. Can’t get any answers .
Login to Me Too

707maga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, redirected to your Bank Account, I never redirect any payment into Paypal just for that reason,

Login to Me Too

JamesonLogan
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I noticed quite a few people have been worried about their unemployment hitting their PayPal via direct deposit. I can confirm that everything on PayPal's end seems to be working up to speed so far. My first UI deposit was processed on 5/4/20 and I received my payment this morning 5/5/20 @ 3:13am CT. Just make sure everything is correct and as long as your routing and account number match what shows on your unemployment site, the rest is just a waiting game.
Login to Me Too

chris99dogs
Contributor
Contributor
is there a limit to how much can be deposited because netspend just kicked my retro payment of 5700 bucks back hopefully paypal doesnt do that either
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.