Depop refund after fees?

Shawna27
Contributor
Contributor
So I’ve sold my first ever item on Depop, but the buyer found the item elsewhere for a better price and has asked for a refund. I’ve looked up how to do a refund on PayPal but nowhere can I find how you do a refund once the Depop and PayPal fees have been taken off. The item was £15 but I only have £12.75 in my account after fees, so how do I refund the full amount if the full amount is not there??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shawna27

No idea about Depop fees but when you issue a 'full' refund to a buyer then paypal automatically refunds the % part of the fee that you were charged as part of that full payment, all you would lose is the small fixed part of the fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shawna27
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass That’s the thing I’m stuck on, I go through the refund process like it says but all I get is a message that I don’t have enough funds in my PayPal account (which I don’t because of the subtracted fees), all I can think of is that now I have to cover the difference from my own pocket?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.