Credit Card Prompted

Heidr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I have had my paypal account for many years, I have a verified, all limits lifted, paypal account. The paypal account is connected to my bank account and my bank account has been verified some years ago. I do not have a credit card or debit card added because frankly speaking I am very strict about taking loans and using credit cards, I do that to keep my finances in order. We do have one debit card but that is in my husbands name, we only use that one card and his card is connected to his paypal account.

Now since I have everything verified, all limits lifted, and a good standing with paypal I rarely have any problems but in some rare occasions some websites that I try to purchase from have an automated system that goes strait to asking me to add a credit card, regardless if my bank is verified, regardless if I have funds on my paypal.

Why is it only certain sites prompt me to do this and is there a way to stop it from happening besides actually adding a credit/debit card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heidr

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.

BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source to reduce risk to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.