Canceled Personal Payment

nintendowii111
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally made 2 personal payments to a family member. I CANCELED the first one and let the second one go. However in my bank account, it deducted money for both of my personal payments. PayPal says that the refund was successful and it would to be sent to my paypal balance but I do not see it their. Any help is appreciated!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nintendowii111 

Refunds to bank accounts may several days. Since you canceled soon after, the first payment hasn't cleared the bank yet so once it clears and PayPal has the funds, you'll see it in your balance and automatically transferred back to your bank account.

Note that just because the funds have left your bank, does not mean PayPal has the funds as the bank does not notify PayPal when they have processed your bank payment request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nintendowii111 

When you cancel a payment OR its refunded those processing funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.