Can't make a payment, was ok 2 days ago! Had a fake seller a week ago!

E-mc2
Contributor
Contributor

I can't make a payment, I've just tried two different sellers.

Was ok 2 days ago as I purchased something.

A week ago I had a fake seller, ebay cancelled the transaction.

Yesterday I spoke to Paypal on the phone and they changed the status from Pending to Refund.

That amount is now showing refunded on my paypal account.

So now I'm asked to add a new funding type when I try to pay for something, I don't have another card and I do not want to use my bank account.

Can anyone tell me what's got messed up and how to sort it out quickly?

I'm think my card had confirmed in green next to it on the summary page, now it doesn't.

I've had no email saying something has changed, do this, confirm that etc!

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

E-mc2
Contributor
Contributor

I tried for around 2 hours last night but Paypal kept trying to get me to add a new payment option including my bank account!

It's working just now as I've paid for an item I wanted to buy yesterday evening!

Something must have been very wrong with Paypal last night but I don't see any status saying there was or is a problem.

I still don't have Confirmed in green next to my credit card!

Anyone know what's going on as I've seen a few other posts which seem to be having payment issues?

I also got logged out of my account with no warning just now, only logged in a few minutes, it was timing out yesterday but with a warning so had time to stay logged in!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @E-mc2

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear of the issues you've run into recently. It sounds like there are quite a few things going on and we'd be more than happy to help. We'd like to take a closer look into this, so to avoid sharing personal information over a public forum, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

I hope this helps! 

Callie

Login to Me Too

E-mc2
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Callie wrote:

Hello @E-mc2

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear of the issues you've run into recently. It sounds like there are quite a few things going on and we'd be more than happy to help. We'd like to take a closer look into this, so to avoid sharing personal information over a public forum, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

I hope this helps! 

Callie

Hi Callie

Thanx for the reply.

Well I managed to pay for a second item on the 17th so it seems that I can once again again pay using my usual payment method!

I am rather busy right now so don't have the time to investigate it in too much detail.

No idea if this was just a glitch, planned maintenance etc etc...! Or if the issue was linked in some way to that bad transaction.

I don't have Facebook or Twitter, but I did speak with support at Paypal and he changed the status to Refund. So that part went very well and I appreciated how easy that was to sort out.

Whether the credit card problem I had had anything to do with that bad seller I have no idea. It would be good to be sent a summary of the transaction and any action taken so I could see at a glance what happened, what was done, what if any issues that transaction might have had which ended up on it not being usable for at least 2 hours, maybe a lot longer!

It seems clear to me the issue was with Paypal, I didn't get any further than trying to select my usual payment method which is my credit card, and it's been registered for some years with Paypal BTW.

Hopefully things will keep working as I do have a few things I need to purchase soon.

Could you tell me, does it usually say Confirmed next to credit cards on the summary page?

Mine doesn't have anything next to it, but I have a feeling it used to say Confirmed and in green text next to my CC in the past!

Thanx

John

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for getting back to us @E-mc2!

In general, by clicking your card number in the 'Wallet' section of your PayPal account, you should be able to see the status. Here you can find the instructions on how to confirm your card. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

E-mc2
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Martina wrote:

Thank you for getting back to us @E-mc2!

In general, by clicking your card number in the 'Wallet' section of your PayPal account, you should be able to see the status. Here you can find the instructions on how to confirm your card. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

HI Martina 

Well once again PayPal have let me down.

It was confirmed!

Paypal have changed the status with no notice given to myself.

Paypal need to change the status back as it will be too late for me to do that if I'm to pay for something I need to pay for right this second!

If I pay with my CC direct, that gives my full details to a company which I don't believe to be that great with personal data security. But I still need to use that companies services for the moment!

I needed to pay for an upgrade on a room rental site and I couldn't make the payment using Paypal!

My card always use to be confirmed, but Paypal have changed that status. This I assume happened when a fake seller on ebay ripped me off, or at least tried to.

So because of that I can't once again make payments!

This seemed to be a glitch as I was able to buy and pay for two items, different transactions, different sellers using Paypal after that last issue!

So why have Paypal broken my account!

The service I'm trying to pay for I used a few months back, same company same card which I've had registered with Paypal for years! for years with the same card number!

I purchased a couple of items after the last glitch!

If there was a need for me to confirm the card again due to paypal actions, why wasn't I told when I was on the phone to them!

Paypal, you're going to get a call tomorrow from an upset customer. If I lose out getting a room that I need at very short notice, and it's where I need it there will be costs involved!!

A very unhappy customer.

EDIT:  This issue is now looking like a stupid mistake by my CC company! But but it would help if Paypal would show the status next to my card as they use to in the past, confirmed in green etc!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.