Account Balance

RQAY
Contributor
Contributor
I have already issued a buyer with a refund but Paypal deducted fees, when I tried issuing the remaining balance my own balance suddenly jumped to £-17.37. It seems as if I may have accidentally somehow issued the refund twice, the first time to his account separately rather than through the resolution centre. I need Paypal to bring the balance back to what it was before so I can refund the remaining £1.50 and not the full £25 which has already been refunded. I have contacted Paypal twice but received an automated reply both times that was irrelevant to the issue.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RQAY 

Normally if you use the 'refund' option then the buyer gets a full refund and they would not get any fees deducted from that.

If they got charged a fee then did you use the 'send' funds option instead?

Either way paypal can't 'take' back a sent payment or refund for you, you would need to ask the buyer to send back the surplus but no one can force them to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RQAY 

Normally if you use the 'refund' option then the buyer gets a full refund and they would not get any fees deducted from that.

If they got charged a fee then did you use the 'send' funds option instead?

Either way paypal can't 'take' back a sent payment or refund for you, you would need to ask the buyer to send back the surplus but no one can force them to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RQAY
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I did not issue the refund through through the refund page but directly which is why it went through with fees deducted. When I tried to pay the remaining £1.50 through the refund page it deducted the entire amount and that is how my account ended up with a minus balance. The buyer has not responded to my emails so I seriously doubt they would pay back the money only to be issued with another refund through the right channel and frankly I won't even risk it lest I end up with a double refund and £50 short (the two amount of the two refunds) but there is a case pending so hopefully when Paypal sees that I have issued the refund they will update the details on my account. I called Paypal this morning and that is what they suggested so I guess it's a case of wait and see.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.