Dispute Settlement But No Refund Given by Seller

sundiv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal,

It has always been a pleasure dealing with Paypal and I very much appreciate with the services provided by you.

I have an issue with a Seller.  I opened a dispute with the Seller, who agreed me on skype that if he will release me partial payment of $300 as against $400 which i  had given him.

I agreed to it and he said i have to close the dispute so he can release it.  I closed the dispute.  When he checked on releasing partial refund, he showed me that he don't have funds in his account and that i may escalate the claim.  I don't have any option to escalate the claim as i have closed the dispute.

I will be grateful if somebody from Paypal may please help me in escalating the claim. How to reopen the case? I know there is no such option available on my backend but there should be some solution.  I have all the communication with the Seller.

Thanks.

Sunil

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sundiv

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction and you can't re-open it once closed.

You should never close a dispute until you have a full refund or your item.

The seller is perfectly able to refund you whilst the dispute is open and once he has done so that would automatically close the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.