PayPal Now and Slack via IPN

rinkydude
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I created a Zap (zapier) to pull transaction data from PayPal transactions, which is simple, and tests as working.  I needed to put the Zapier trigger URL into the custom URL section and enable IPN under my PayPal settings 

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/how-to-setup-paypal-ipn-notification-2796

But the info sent from PayPal and captured by Zap is limited and formatted very poorly.  I'm getting a lot less info that the test one that I can generate from my Zap configuration webpage.  The 'Raw IPN Body' seems to have more details than the more obvious fields where I'd prefer it to be.

Maybe I can configure my PayPal Now to collect or send more data so IPN sees more?  Can you help with links to how I do that?

Can you point me toward any ideas?  Maybe there are configuration options for PayPal Now that I need to tweak to capture and send more information?    Ultimately I'm trying to get this data into Woo Commerce, and Zap is a way of partially automating it.  I see a WP plugin that connects PayPal with Woo, but it's still in beta.

I'm brand-new to PayPal so any help would be gratefully received.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.