Error 10548 - transaction cannot be processed.

jennylcr
Contributor
Contributor

My client is using paypal to collect payment on our website. I have done several tests by using my test account, and it works great. However, the payment couldn't go through once we switched to the live acount. We are using paypal pro and here is the response message,

{"TIMESTAMP":"2017-12-22T15:02:06Z","CORRELATIONID":"9ee1e2cd45d14","ACK":"Failure","VERSION":"119.0","BUILD":"39206242","L_ERRORCODE0":"10548","L_SHORTMESSAGE0":"Invalid Configuration","L_LONGMESSAGE0":"This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.","L_SEVERITYCODE0":"Error","AMT":"1.13","CURRENCYCODE":"CAD"}

The username of the account is kbardswich_api1.endvaw.ca. 

Could you please check this account and let me know if we are missing any settings?

I also tried Paypal Express, but it gave me security error, so i guess this account do not support paypal express.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Ciaran

The merchant is not setup to process card payments, they need to contact PayPal to get setup. (https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-payments-pro)

Login to Me Too

jennylcr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

The client would like to stick with paypal standard account. What should we do if we want to use paypal express?

It is currently showing security error:

"TIMESTAMP" => "2018-01-02T21:15:46Z"
"CORRELATIONID" => "ae62da3b1559b"
"ACK" => "Failure"
"VERSION" => "119.0"
"BUILD" => "40680762"
"L_ERRORCODE0" => "10002"
"L_SHORTMESSAGE0" => "Security error"
"L_LONGMESSAGE0" => "Security header is not valid"
"L_SEVERITYCODE0" => "Error"

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Security Header Error means the API credentials you have included in the request are incorrect.  This could mean the values themselves are wrong, or it could be that you're passing sandbox credentials to the live server or vice-versa. 

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

ohno
Contributor
Contributor

We are getting the same message. Our account was all working then someone cancelled the monthly billing agreement as it appeared you took the fee twice (even though we only ASKED them to verify what was going one!). We got this reply :-

We've investigated your unauthorised payment claim. The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement previously set up. For this reason, we're unable to consider this to be an unauthorised payment.

As a courtesy, we've cancelled this billing agreement for you. In the future, however, please be aware that you can manage and cancel your billing agreements directly from your PayPal account.

Here's how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2.Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
3.Click Payments.
4.Under 'Manage your payments', click Manage Payments.
5.Use the filter to select the seller whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
6.Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.

Note:
•You can't reactivate a recurring payment after you cancel it
•Cancelling a payment doesn't cancel your contract with the merchant. You need to pay the merchant for any goods or services you have already received.

If you're unhappy with the terms of your subscription/billing agreement, we encourage you to work with your seller to find resolution.

Yours sincerely,
Syafiqah 
PayPal

This was a mistake, you had in fact taken June's payment VERY late then a few days after took July's payment. I contaced you again & got this :-

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your PayPal Monthly Billing. My name is Chris and I'm happy to assist you today.

Mr. #########, I apologise for the inconvenience caused by having the June invoice payment taken so late in the month. This has affected a number of merchant accounts for June but be assured it is a once off and each successive month will only be taken between the 1st and 5th of each month going forward.

I reviewed your account to see why the agreement had been cancelled today and can see you reported the payment as unauthorised and there was an investigation launched into the payment.
The cancellation of billing agreements is automatically done to restrict the amount of funds which could be debited if the payments are unauthorised.

As for your agreement I have reinstated it for you and can confirm you are now back up and running.
Once again let me apologise for the inconvenience and wish you and your business every success.

Yours sincerely,
Chris
Business Support Department
PayPal

In short we can take no card payments. I contacted MTS Thursday, still nothing. Great service, thanks Pay Pal. So someone your end appers to have messed up our account and we are losing sales! Who in the UK can assist with getting this fixed urgently?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.