Why did PayPal remove the PayPal Buttons link from Pay & Get Paid?

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

Why has PayPal removed the PayPal Buttons link from the Pay & Get Paid section at the top on my main PayPal page?

It just disappeared this week for me (4-21-23) and I did find a couple of far more convoluted ways to find the page to view and edit my saved buttons.  What is ridiculous is that they removed the link to get there at all and a PayPal rep could not even give me directions on how to find them. He just said it had been missing for 5 days without a fix. 

As it is....logging in and going to:

https://www.paypal.com/buttons/

...seems to be the most direct route. 

Please fix this PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dugfreez 

You can find the buttons via Business Tools because they are a type of business  tool.

Business Tools > Accept Payments > Show more > PayPal buttons

Or bookmark your link.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dugfreez 

You can find the buttons via Business Tools because they are a type of business  tool.

Business Tools > Accept Payments > Show more > PayPal buttons

Or bookmark your link.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the workaround, but I had an even more direct means of getting to it on my original post.  There is also:

log in and mouse over your account name (top right area) > account settings > website payments (on the left side) > on PayPal Buttons click Update...

...and you are on the page that used to take one click from the homepage.

So, thank you for your help, but I don't want more clicks. I want the link restored and have less clicks and hassle in my day-to-day business. 

Login to Me Too

whistlingacorn
Contributor
Contributor

None of these are working for me. When it takes me to the "buttons" page, the "Add to Cart" button is not listed... It was so easy for me to go to my "Saved Buttons" and select "Create Similar Button" then proceed. Now they all say,"page not found". help.

Login to Me Too

gwenrichardson
Contributor
Contributor

I used to do the same thing with "create similar button." Now it doesn't work and I get an error message. 

Login to Me Too

TentGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this worked for me, thanks. But what a faff.

PayPal, please just put our PayPal Buttons back in plan view... this is so annoying!

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Hm. Guessing you have a business account? No such access in 'standard' account to what you mention. Thank you anyway.   How silly for Paypal to chase millions of everyday users to other providers, as someone just noted.  #idiocy #paypal

PS: Captcha's and four clicks to post in a forum?   #PaypalJumpedTheShark

Login to Me Too

asapainrelief

Thank you Thank you,  Was about to try how to figure out recreating all of my buttons!  Such a huge help!

Login to Me Too

TentGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Found out today that my PayPal Buttons link is also missing. Can't find my saved PayPal Buttons anywhere.  And they are not under business tools... at least mine aren't. Very frustrating when you have to urgently edit a button! 

Login to Me Too

Oakrosestudio
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, they changed the menu again and this solution no longer works. I wish they would stop messing with it! Just put it back, PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.