Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Nacho

@EscapeSF There is a space at the beginning of the value of the "business" variable:

business= REDACTED@gmail.com

Note the space after "="

It seems sometimes we are handling this correctly whereas in other instances we are displaying the error.

Nonetheless, the business value (which identifies the PayPal account receiver) shouldn't have any leading or trailing spaces.

Removing this should make the redirection work fine in all cases.

Login to Me Too

EscapeSF
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so after a week of losing customers FINALLY we were provided an answer that worked.

@MTS_Nacho - thank you for your help.

<SNIP> - Feedback is great but let's keep it constructive folks. 

Login to Me Too

jjosserand
Contributor
Contributor

I have not found a solution to the apparent problem of needing to update my 3 pages of paypal buttons in my main account. I have other accounts as well, but there has been no data provided by paypal making it clear what buttons need update, nor why. The only thing I've found is a post by another user saying remove inventory tracking to solve the problem but I cannot do that on my few products that are tracked for inventory because that is needed.

There should either be a simple and easy way to identify the buttons needing update and that should be provided by paypal - I suggest you highlight the buttons in the button pages, making it easy to find those needing update and provide a simple process to complete that update.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@jjosserand If you are logging to this forum with the same PayPal account you are using to take payments, I can't find any instances of incorrect parameters being passed to PayPal, so technically you don't need to update any buttons.

The upgrade was completed last week, so if any of your buttons is displaying an error during the redirection to the payment pages, please give us more details. 

Login to Me Too

BarryDiston
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Please can you advise on the problem with the button code on this website:

http://www.therapychallenges.com/book.php?event_id=50

on the page that appears after clicking "Book Now"

Paypal page is showing code=BAD_INPUT_ERROR at end of URL

Thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@BarryDiston The issue occurs because of an invalid value in the “business” variable (the one that tells PayPal the receiver of the payment).

It seems you are trying to use your merchant ID, but with the characters in lower case, whereas all of our merchant IDs contain characters in upper case.

Can you modify such value so that it matches exactly the merchant ID displayed in your PayPal account?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

BarryDiston
Contributor
Contributor

Super,

Thanks for the help, I'll give that a try

Login to Me Too

itadmin
Contributor
Contributor

Hosted Button code  does not pass HTML variables in certain scenarios. The button has been working since 3 years.

I am passing a variable in custom and item_number. Both do not get passed when a person donates using a credit card saved in their profile, or using paypal funds. Both variables are passed when donor donates by entering a new credit card or pays via paypal.

This problem has started since Mar 30.

Website url is http://www.ilpnet.org/ILPRelayFundRaisingViewPage/48.

The item_number is being passed via the advanced variables in the hosted button section.

The custom field is being passed via the html code in the screen.

Please provide pointers - the variables are being passed in some cases and not in others. All donations are being processed succesfully,

Login to Me Too

itcbd

We are having the exact same issue as itadmin. Item_name, Item_number and custom field are not being passed for donations

An example form is here

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

Our developers are currently investigating this issue with donation buttons dropping some of the parameters intermittently on the POST back.

I don't have an exact ETA, but we'll update you once the fix is Live.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.