Requiring PayPal account to checkout for guests

HakimDeveloper
New Community Member

Hi,

I just got off the phone with a PayPal lady and she told me what Im trying to do is impossible. We upgraded to PayPal business in order to allow users to pay with credit/debit cards and not requiring them to have a PayPal account when checking out on our website.

However I just learnt this only works when you put a Buy It Now button on the site and some other instances. The way that I have set it up is I have integrated a form plugin called Quform with PayPal using the following code:

add_filter('quform_confirmation_redirect_url_2_1', function ($url, Quform_Confirmation $confirmation, Quform_Form $form) {   
    $qty = $form->getValue('quform_2_40') + 1;
    $url = add_query_arg(array(
        'cmd' => '_cart',
        'upload' => '1',
        'charset' => 'utf-8',

// Set business info
        'currency_code' => 'AUD',        'business' => '**@gmail.com', 
        // Set customer info
        'first_name' => $form->getValue('quform_2_26'),        'last_name' => $form->getValue('quform_2_17'),        'email' => $form->getValue('quform_2_177'),        'address1' => $form->getValue('quform_2_132'),        'address2' => $form->getValue('quform_2_142'),        'city' => $form->getValue('quform_2_142'),        'state' => $form->getValue('quform_2_144'),        'zip' => $form->getValue('quform_2_143'),        'country' => 'Australia', 
        // Add a product
        'item_name_1' => 'Visa Application',        'amount_1' => '250.00',        'quantity_1' => $qty, 
        // Shipping
        'shipping_1' => '0'    ), 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr');

return $url;
}, 10, 3);

The following code works to redirect to PayPal and have the correct amount... but there is only the option to checkout with PayPal:

clipboard_image_1.png

So just to confirm this is not possible? So as you can see from the code we are redirecting to <removed> and sending a bunch of variables - however it is not working. I can also confirm we are a business account and did everything correctly and just now I found out on the phone that this is impossible in the way that I'm doing it. What do I do? Is there an altenative.

P.S. Yes we have tried PayPal Account Optional and set this to On (even turned it off and back on again) - and this has not fixed our problem. I can swear it was working when I first set it up but now it's not.

Any input much appreciated - thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.