RE: How do I find the BAID (Billing agreement ID) of my customers?

Marlon3409
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have tried the steps that was suggested to find the BAID (see original response below). When I gave the csv files to Chargebee to update the billing information of my customers, they responded with this:

"Unfortunately, the sheets you have shared contain billing agreement IDs (BAIDs) only for 2 customers (Jacqueline <removed> and Haddie <removed>). A BAID typically has the format B-1234XXXXX. 

From the data that you have shared, it looks like most of your customers have Paypal recurring IDS (starting with I-) these are not BAIDS and these cannot be used for payment method by third-party systems like Chargebee because these tokens are unique to Paypal."

Can you please help me get ALL the BAID numbers for all my customers. I've attached the csv's to this email. 

Also, I am having another problem. Every so often a customer's recurring payment may skip for the month because either the customer updated their credit card information or insufficient funds on their card. Once they update their card info and/or have money on their card, how do they resume the transactions? usually it takes about 3 - 5 days before Paypal tries to pull the funds from their account again, but how do we pull the funds right away? Our customers want to resume their service as soon as possible. 

Thank you

------------------------------------Original Paypal response:

Dear Jason <removed>,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Meghann and I am happy to assist you. I understand that you are wanting to get your customers billing agreement ID's (BAID). I recommend downloading your history as a CSV activity download. This will show all activity in an excel spreadsheet once you download it. There will be a column with the billing agreement ID within this spreadsheet.

You can download your transaction history into Quicken, QuickBooks, or into a spreadsheet application. From the Activity page, you can download your account's History log:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Download.
  3. Select the transaction type, date range, and format.

4. Here's how you can filter an Excel Spreadsheet:
    1. Click the row with all of the subjects ("Date", "Time", "Name", etc.). Click the number to highlight the entire row.
    2. Click Data at the top of the Excel window.
    3. Click Filter, under "Data".
    4. There is an arrow on each row. If you click it there is a drop down with checked boxes. (If you uncheck boxes it will allow you to filter out what you do not need.)
    5. Click the box directly below the last fee/ tax/ shipping amount to get the total amount of fees.
    6. Go to the top of the spreadsheet and hold the Shift button and then click the first amount in the column.
    7. Click Formulas at the top of the Excel window.
    8. Click AutoSum. All of the columns will be added together and show the total amount in the box under the last fee amount.
    Note:
    • When downloading a large History Log, you may experience a delay. Depending on server load, download logs can take up to 3-5 business days to generate. We will email you when your file is ready to be downloaded.
    • We save the last 12 most recently completed History Log files.
    • Small logs are downloaded immediately and are not saved.
    • If you use QuickBooks and are having trouble, please contact QuickBooks for additional assistance and information about their system requirements.
    To access transaction history older than 7 years old, please click "switching back" near the bottom of the information bubble at the top of the Activity Download page or use the older version of the activity download tool.

Did you know you can also live chat with us? Just log into your account, go to www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us and select an issue.

Sincerely, 
Meghann
Merchant Services
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

not_here

Hi @Marlon3409,

With what you've described below, it appears that you're currently using our PayPal Payments Standard Subscriptions as a solution. With this solution, you will see the ID as described with an I-, unfortunately you will not receive a BAID. In order to solve your problem, you will need to contact us to upgrade your solution to Express Checkout. In your ticket, please include the details about what you're trying to accomplish. 

Additional Information

What is the billing agreement for PayPal Express Checkout?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.