Pending PayPal Express checkout payment with Shopify.

SapphireCLLC
Contributor
Contributor

Why does it not show up on my paypal account? How long does it take to process? What steps should I be taking?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SapphireCLLC 

Shopify automatically uses your Shopify email address as the PayPal account that receives payment and that email address may not be registered with PayPal so you may have to add and confirm that email address to an existing PayPal account to claim payment or sign up for a new account with that email address, confirm the email address in order to claim payment. 

You’re supposed to double check your PayPal payment settings to make sure the right PayPal account is receiving payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SapphireCLLC 

Shopify automatically uses your Shopify email address as the PayPal account that receives payment and that email address may not be registered with PayPal so you may have to add and confirm that email address to an existing PayPal account to claim payment or sign up for a new account with that email address, confirm the email address in order to claim payment. 

You’re supposed to double check your PayPal payment settings to make sure the right PayPal account is receiving payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bellesavonvt
New Community Member

Mine is still sitting in pending, emails verified repeatedly. Help!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @SapphireCLLC,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Please contact your website developer or the support of eCommerce Shopify to cross check the value "PAYMENTREQUEST_n_PAYMENTACTION" passed in your SetExpressCheckout API Operation. 

If your passing the "PAYMENTREQUEST_n_PAYMENTACTION" as "Authorization" in your SetExpressCheckout API Operation. To capture the pending authorized payments, merchants should trigger the "DoCapture" API operation via your website(built though third party platform Shopify). 

DoCapture - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/do-capture-nvp/   

PAYMENTREQUEST_n_PAYMENTACTION

(Conditional) Defines how to obtain payment. Required for parallel payments and digital goods.

You can specify up to 10 payments, where n is a digit between 0 and 9, inclusive; except in the case of digital goods, which supports single payments only and where n is 0. If the transaction does not include a one-time purchase, this field is ignored. Values are:
  • Sale — This is a final sale for which you are requesting payment (default).
  • Authorization — This payment is a basic authorization subject to settlement with PayPal Authorization and Capture.
  • Order — This payment is an order authorization subject to settlement with PayPal Authorization and Capture.

Guide link for pending transactionhttps://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-payment-be-available-for-21-days-fa...

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.