Paypal (Debit and Credit) Set up for Shopify Shop

AliceTsumayya
New Community Member

Hi, I am currently setting up my online shop on Shopify. And I would like to have Paypal as my Payment Gateway. I did set it up for the Express check out, but I am planning to add some features like debit or credit cards. I have read the article but it's too complicated for me to do it since I have zero knowledge on coding. Does anyone know how to set it up easily to my Shopify account? Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @AliceTsumayya,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. 

It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction.

To receive guest checkout payments :

Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "yes" .

If you have integrated legacy PayPal Express Checkout product, please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform eCommerce Shopify to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Soleand "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide links - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US with the detail information and error details. 

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.