PayPal Subscription using PayPal payment standards button

Abhilashpj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to integrate PayPal subscription using PayPal payment standards button. Initially I am getting a Subscribe button and when I clicked on this button it is redirecting to a new page where it shows two buttons. One is Subscribe using debit or credit card  and another is Log in to subscribe. When I click on Subscribe button under Subscribe using debit or credit card it's always redirecting to a page showing a message "We're sorry Things don't appear to be working at the moment". But if I click on check out button under Log in to subscribe then I am able to process the subscription. Currently I am testing this using sandbox account. But when I use live account, both the buttons are working. Please guide me through this. image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Carlos

Hi @Abhilashpj,

The issue you are experiencing is likely indicative that you do not have Enhanced Recurring Payments (ERP) enabled in Sandbox. If it works in the live environment, it is indicative that you have already agreed to the terms of service for ERP.

Here’s how to sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments:
1.Log in to your Sandbox PayPal account.
2.Click Tools.
3.Click All Tools.
4.Click Recurring Payments.
5.Under “Related Items” click on Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments.
6.Read the terms and conditions and click Agree and Continue.

Once you have completed this, give it another shot.

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Abhilashpj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Carlos,

I have tried the steps you suggested in sandbox using US business account. But I am getting the following message

" Thanks for your interest in Enhanced Recurring Payments. At this time, the service is not available to your account.

Fortunately, we offer another great solution for recurring payments. You can sign up for a recurring payments service specifically designed for PayPal Payments Pro. "

I have enabled "Upgrade to Pro" for this US Business account in PayPal developer Sandbox Accounts.

Also I have tried using Singapore business account, but when I click on Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments it's redirecting to the sandbox dashboard page.

For both Singapore and US Business account using the live credentials I am able to process both the buttons i.e., Subscribe using debit or credit card and  Log in to subscribe. Please guide me through this.

Image3.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Carlos

Hi @Abhilashpj,

The Enhanced Recurring Payments (ERP) package is only available in US, CA, UK, and AU. So for your Singapore account, in won't work. If you have previously or currently added the Pro product to your Sandbox or live PayPal account, unfortunately you will not be able to ever add ERP to that account. In this instance, it would require that you create a new Sandbox and/or live PayPal account and only add the ERP product (do not add Pro).

If you create a new US Sandbox account and continue to receive the message that you advised of above when attempting to add ERP, please file a support ticket directly at https://www.paypal-techsupport.com.

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.