Opencart 2.3.0.2 . using "PayPal Checkout Integration" started charging customers twice.

compusurfjulie
New Community Member

Hi,

My open cart website using the "PayPal Checkout Integration" module, has started charging customers twice within seconds.  nothing has changed my side.   Its not all transactions but I cannot find a pattern, at a guess i would say its mostly when a credit card is used at check out.  Is there anyway I can block duplicate payments?  About the same time I  also started getting auto replys from paypal saying the email address i used to contact them is no longer in use.  It has a subject line "Automatic reply to PayPal email SAXK" , maybe this is related somehow?    I have no idea where to start looking.  Any help would be gratefully accepted

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vaishnavib

Good day @compusurfjulie,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

PayPal system is a payment gateway, which will receive the payment request payload (i.e. Payment and Item details, Shipping details, Invoice number, Amount details, etc.) from merchant websites(built via third-party platforms eCommerce ) and process the payments accordingly.

Merchants should handle their internal website code and pass the appropriate payment API calls to the PayPal system.

Regarding duplicate orders, I would suggest cross-checking your internal website code and making sure you trigger unique API requests per order.

To know more about how to avoid duplicate transactions please refer to the provided link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-avoid-duplicate-transactions-ts1097.

If you are still facing issues, please create an MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detailed information and error details.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.