My Shopify checkout keeps looping and not letting customers complete the payment through PayPal.

Careless-bat12
New Community Member
I have an Ecom store that I manage and whenever customers try to checkout with PayPal, it loops back to the screen where they have to distinguish which form of checkout method they want to proceed with. So the journey is : Go to checkout > fill in shipping > choose shipping method > choose payment method (chooses paypal) > confirms order (which prompts PayPal window) > chooses credit card in PayPal account > clicks confirm purchase > loops back to choose payment method. No console errors pertaining to this. Anyone have any clues? I’ve disconnected and reconnected PayPal. I’ve also done this in multiple browsers and incognito and no work. Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vaishnavib

Good day @Careless-bat12,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Please cross-check your PayPal Business account and make sure it is verified and confirmed without any account limitations

Also, process a test payment via a card that is not linked to your PayPal account, since merchants can't perform self-payments.

I strongly recommend that you thoroughly verify the integration between your website developer and your hosting platform (Shopify) to ensure that everything is set up correctly. Additionally, it is crucial to confirm that the API calls being made to the PayPal system are valid and accurate.

If you are still facing issues, please create an MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detailed information and error details.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.