Make cell phone optional. Not everyone has a cell phone.

dummy99
Contributor
Contributor

The Card Payment form makes the payer's cell phone number mandatory.

Not everyone has a cell phone. So is it possible to make this requirement optional?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dummy99 

Doubt it, they have just made it mandatory.

Can't you get a second hand cheap pay as you go one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dummy99
Contributor
Contributor

You missed the point.

It is my customers who use my website - when it's time for them for them to pay, they can't pay if they don't have a cell phone - totally ridiculous requirement. Why should people need to have a cell phone to make a payment from their computer?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dummy99 

They need a cell phone to use paypal as its now mandatory.

Asking ''why'' won't change anything.

That's like saying ''why'' should I wear a mask during covid if I don't want to, when your government has said its mandatory.

If you have some customers that can't or won't have a cell phone then offer them other payment options?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dummy99
Contributor
Contributor

The value of the mask is it reduces the spread of the germs from ones breath.

What is a cell phone value? Why is it mandatory? One needs a bank/credit account not a cell phone to make payments.

On your alternative suggestion, if I could offer my customers an alternative method of payment, I wouldn't need to use PayPal at all.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dummy99 

You really mean with all the payment processors and methods of getting funds from buyers out there your ''only'' option is Paypal?

Gosh I offer at least 5. Some of them are fee-less or less fees than Paypal so that's a bonus.

Doesn't matter if its the government or Paypal, mandatory means mandatory.

Like it or not, you either abide by their policies or you have the option to go elsewhere or use another payment processor.

Nothing anyone can do about Paypals policies once made to be honest, whether we agree or disagree with them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dummy99
Contributor
Contributor

Why don't you mention those 5 options instead of making stories and treat people as if they shouldn't ask the Community anything.

If you are there to help then help or at least try to help.

And by the way, I only asked if it was possible to make it optional.

I still don't understand why a cell phone should be mandatory. Why not make a car mandatory?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dummy99 

Well if you want advice then I will happily tell you the 5 options if you ask nicely.

And I don't make paypal policies, I am just telling you that it is mandatory your buyers have a cell phone now and nothing you or I can do about it.

If you don't like the policy then that is fine but its got nothing to do with me.

I can only give you the facts, not my problem if you are not happy hearing them. 

When did I treat you as if you can't ask anything? Which post did I do anything other than tell you phones are now mandatory and nothing we can do about it and mention that offering other options is normal?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dummy99
Contributor
Contributor

Best news I've heard from you.

Goodbye!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dummy99 

If you read my posts nowhere was I rude to you, however you appear to have taken on that roll for no reason after I gave up my time to try and help you.

Sadly you didn't want facts, only to be told you were right.

Will add you to my list to not get help in the future, off to help the ''nice'' posters on this forum  

Good username by the way.  😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.