How to view/edit payment buttons?

AquamanIX
Contributor
Contributor

I used to go main>pay and get paid>buttons

but now I cannot find the path to view or edit my buttons. I found a link that works and bookmarked it, but it seems kind of strange that I can not for the life of me figure out how to view/edit my existing buttons from my paypal dashboard.

Please don't just give me a link to the buttons page, I want to know where the path to get there myself went.

\

Is paypal phasing out buttons? I honestly don't know how else to collect payments without sending my clients an email containing a link generated by a button.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

AquamanIX
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if you tried this but do you have an option in your browser to switch to "desktop mode"? This might open up some functionality in your PayPal interface. For me it's on the chrome drop down menu from the 3 dots. I had to switch back to browser a couple times because PayPal redirected me to my Android app. But from the desktop site on browser maybe you can find the settings menu and website payments?
Login to Me Too

3MS
Contributor
Contributor

**caution** - as of 7/4, if you edit a classic PP button, the weight reference will be removed. So if you had set up a weight-based shipping profile, the item will now have a weight of zero producing a shipping cost of $0. A newly created button will do the same.

I talked with PP support about this and there is apparently no solution. This is part of their effort to phase in 'smart buttons' so features of the old buttons (like the weight variable) have simply been removed without warning.

Login to Me Too

GregShadoan

This is my problem as well.

Login to Me Too

gcopping
Contributor
Contributor

I've used Paypal buttons in the past and it was really easy - add your product, generate the code, copy & paste to your website.

I have just been trying with a new site and I just go round in circles it is a non-ending maze - absolutely hopeless. I can't even find an "Add Product" page. What are you doing Paypal? I will not be able to use it as it stands as I just cannot work it out.

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

This many obstacles are strictly in keeping w/ PP phasing out biz under 100m. Large businesses are gleaning multiple benefits, which is laudable, just means my 20 yrs don't count, or, apparently, yours, either.

Bought hundreds of one-word domains thinking PP buttons are perfect to sell. So, w/ a year of no fix from PP, you get to help fix the blame or fix the problem. 😎. Can anyone suggest good alternatives? How does such an awesome company just freeze out those not earning millions? CEO's leav'g (w/ all the money, lol) in Dec. Shame. Good luck to your best efforts!

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Only 2 companies I've been with 20 yrs or more. Must admit, they were brilliant for me.

Login to Me Too

tacoforce
New Community Member

I tried to follow all the instructions here but I could find no "edit button" anywhere. The menus seem to have changed. I was finally able to guess the URL that was able to take me to edit buttons, it is: https://www.paypal.com/buttons/saved

I hope this helps someone!

Login to Me Too

ASDSJG

OMG! Thank You!!! I was over here pulling my hair out at the ridiculousness of this not being easy to find and was growing weary of scrolling through this thread hoping for a recent update that was actually effective. You're a sanity saver, Love.

Login to Me Too

tonykara
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also have trouble with buttons. I have two fixed shipping fees (one for USA, one for everywhere else), and I can no longer change them even though USPS shipping has gone up quite a bit since I set those numbers serveral years ago. Reading throught the paypal help forum is a disaster, starting with any instructions I see from paypal employees. These NEVER match the choices available so it's hard to navigate to a solution. There is nothing the says "Business tools". I see "Seller tools" but is that what they mean? When I click on Seller tools, there is no search box, so those instructions above fall flat. WTH paypal? Where can I adjust the shipping charge for my existing buttons?!

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Astonishing that Paypal has deliberately blocked us from viewing buttons (many months now). After dozens of tries, it appears the only answer is "Paypal alternatives."  20 yrs w/ Paypal, profoundly disappointing. Predatory behavior is what it is.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.