Can Requests for Payment only be sent via the PayPal website or can it be done by e-mail

anthony-it
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a vendor and have just sent out requests for payment to customers which PayPal has very unhelpfully marked as Pending - is there a way of circumventing this annoying bureaucracy and sending a Request for payment via e-mail, for example?

PayPal knows exactly who we are, so it is a bit of a mystery why they should make this pending - and of course there is no-one to help us outside office hours.

Thanks to anyone who can suggest a workaround!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anthony-it 

That’s because ”Unpaid” money requests have the “Pending” status. If a request or an invoice has been paid, PayPal would naturally update the status to “Paid”. And you will see a record of payment and receive an email that you received a payment.

If you don’t want to send money requests, you can just email your customers your PayPal email address with the amount to send. Then you don’t have to look at Pending unpaid money requests or invoices.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anthony-it 

That’s because ”Unpaid” money requests have the “Pending” status. If a request or an invoice has been paid, PayPal would naturally update the status to “Paid”. And you will see a record of payment and receive an email that you received a payment.

If you don’t want to send money requests, you can just email your customers your PayPal email address with the amount to send. Then you don’t have to look at Pending unpaid money requests or invoices.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

anthony-it
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I had understood that Pending meant that it had to be approved by PayPal before being sent to the customer. 

So did I get that wrong?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.