Adding to Item catalogue via computer?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

I think the 'cataloue of items' is a great idea in the app. I can add items to the catalogue via the app, but what i want to know, is there a way to do it from my computer? It would be quicker and easier for me.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Joe9009, 

Thanks for reaching out, for now I am afraid there is not an option to add items to the catalogue outside of the app. We will certainly pass this feedback onto the relevant team and update with any changes going forward.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jmarcjones
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen in tutorial videos that it is possible to additems to catalogue and categorise them etc using the PayPal website - Nowhere can I find this link despite having a card reader and paypal here account.

I find it VERY annoying and inconvenient to create items using just the app... and I found that if I add anything on my iPhone to the app and then log in using iPad the items haven't transferred.

Please can you help as the tutorial clearly showed a link in the main paypal account online where items can be created for using with paypal here

Jonathan

Login to Me Too

LRR_uk
Contributor
Contributor

This was initially raised in October last year, I appear to have seen the same video as 'jmarcjones' above....

As Jonathann has asked, would be grateful if someone could advise how to accomplish this on a computer instead of the 'local' app.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi LRR_uk, 

Welcome to the community.

Again, I am afraid for now the option to add items to the catalogue outside of the app is not available. We have certainly passed this feedback to our technical team and will update with any changes going forward.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

coachniquenya
Contributor
Contributor

I came across this thread because I was literally looking for the exact same thing. I would really like to add items via a computer. It is very frustrating to have to add them only by app. Definitely look into making this upgrade as then PayPal would be on par with similar applications like Square who do allow adding to your catalog using a computer. Another note, when you do add this functionality, it would make sense to allow a spreadsheet import to the catalog so multiple items can be added at once.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Welcome to the community coachniquenya, 

Appreciate the feedback and I have escalated this to the PayPal Here team directly. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Timtitus
New Community Member

I've read on the fora that people are looking for a way to add and manage items via their PCs rather than the local app. You can CERTAINLY (not shouting, just clarifying) add my name to that list. thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Thanks for posting Timtitus,

Again, we will be sure to update this post with any changes going forward.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

SusanCollins
New Community Member

*shakes head* The ability to add a whole catalogue of items, even for small businesses, is VITAL and the lack of this fairly basic facility makes this whole system, with the card reader having to be paid for rather than free, a poor choice over other available options.

PayPal, after all the time you have had to put this right, it is time for you to get the finger out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.