Adding to Item catalogue via computer?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

I think the 'cataloue of items' is a great idea in the app. I can add items to the catalogue via the app, but what i want to know, is there a way to do it from my computer? It would be quicker and easier for me.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

MithraDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

The inability to add items from a PC or laptop is a real drawback.  We don't all have access to a tablet and trying to do anything on a phone app will inevitably take much longer on such a small screen.  If you wanted someone to move a ton of sand from A to B you wouldn't give them a teaspoon would you?

Another useful facility would be to place items in categories rather than one long list.  Look at any vendor's website and you'll see that every one will categorise their items for sale.  This makes it easier to search for the item you're selling, especially when you may be rushed.

Login to Me Too

Rescue55
Contributor
Contributor

Customer service doesn't even know their own system. 

I found the complete solution to managing items online via PC.  I can't begin to tell you the trouble it has been to find this solution.  All of the responses from PayPal reps are so generic that I think humans weren't even involved in the responses.  Uuugghhhhh!  No worries...the brainiacs outside of PayPal figured it out! 

Login to PayPal via your PC.  AFTER you login, go to this link.  https://www.paypal.com/retailprofile/catalog/items

If anything happens that this link doesn't take you there (can't imagine why it wouldn't), please let me know and I will post step by step instructions on how to get there from the main Login screen. 

After you update your items, you have to log out of PayPal on PC and then close and restart you mobile app (in that order) before they will show up on your app.  Genius development.  NOT.  Not trying to be rude to PayPal but geeezzzzz.  It's not rocket science.

Login to Me Too

AleandreH

Did you ever come across the problem that the catalog "forgets" some of the options?  For me, I've entered a few differenty types of options and when I log in, I discover that one of the options no longer exists.  This is the case whether I create on phone or computer.  It does not do it all the time but pretty frequently.  This is a real problem since I've built up my product prices dependent on the option selected and I need to re-enter all the options and their prices to be able to make a sale.

I don't even know where to report to PayPal that the "here" app forgets these options.

thanks for any suggestion on resolving this. I could not find anywhere what limitations there are on number of options or choices within any option.

Login to Me Too

Look at the square on the left side of the window under TOOLS...you'll see PayPal Here as an option.  Click it.

You'll see 'Business Settings', 'Item Catalog', 'User Management'....hover over Item Catalog to see more options...

Login to Me Too

jmarcjones
Contributor
Contributor
All that happens when clicking paypal here option is a popup with a window and a video explaining what it is
Login to Me Too

Rescue55
Contributor
Contributor

EDITED this post so that some peeps could get their panties out of a twist about me trying to take credit for finding the solution.  Geezzzz! 

NEW:  Seeing how the solution was not posted HERE and all of the responses were from desperate community members looking for a solution, I assumed that I had found it.  In my original post, I didn't mean that everyone here was not capable of finding the answer...I simply stated that PayPal's responses always included that the service wasn't available on PC.  Whatever...my issue is fixed and hopefully this post will help those who HAVEN'T found it yet!  @jmarcjones 

ORIGINAL:  Login to PayPal via your PC.  AFTER you login, go to this link.  https://www.paypal.com/retailprofile/catalog/items

If anything happens that this link doesn't take you there (can't imagine why it wouldn't), please let me know and I will post step by step instructions on how to get there from the main Login screen. 

After you update your items, you have to log out of PayPal on PC and then close and restart you mobile app (in that order) before they will show up on your app. 

Login to Me Too

jmarcjones
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think you've found something paypal don't know about! Its just recently been made available and you happened to come across it that's all! You make it sound like you found something yourself that we all couldnt find but it was not there as sn option until very recently Glad its now available though!
Login to Me Too

LRR_uk
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent news... Glad it's finally available.

Thank you for highlighting.

Login to Me Too

Rescue55
Contributor
Contributor

@jmarcjones  You're welcome!!!!!!!  🙂  Taking credit for the "find" wasn't the point to my post and I DID just find it myself regardless of wether you had already found it or not.  Geezzzzz.  If you had found it youself, I would have expected for you to post it here in order to help others.  Goodness gracious... you didn't have to be so perfect and hateful about it.  I was only trying to help.  You really should lighten up or you are likely to dig your grave earlier than necessary due to stress related injury.   

Have a fantastic day!

Login to Me Too

jmarcjones
Contributor
Contributor

God some people need to get a life and not be such touchy **bleep**!!! I wasn't 'perfect' and 'hateful' but you were slating PayPal for not knowing their own systems then in fact they'd provided the service we'd been asking for... Get a grip love and stop making this about YOU!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.