PayPal Extra Credit Card not visible on PayPal web Page

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Extra credit card has not been visible on  the PayPal Web Page since August 28, 2010!  I have call customer service at least 12 times.  I have written to GE Money Bank in El Paso.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  I have written the President of PayPal.  Customer service has always promised the problem would be fixed within 2 weeks.  These promises are obviously total lies.  GE Money Bank said the problem is "due to an inadvertent system issue" and would be correct BY January 26, 2010.  Yes, it is written January 26, 2010.  The problem has not been fixed.  I do not dare use the card as I have no idea how I will find out what is due.  This is totally inexcusable.  What about the reward points that I am missing?  Apparently no one at PayPal or GE Money Bank is interested in my business.  I did almost $40,000 on eBay last year.  Apparently, no reward points on these purchases. I am totally frustrated and dissatisfied with both PayPal and GE Money Bank!  I would simply close the card but I have absolutely no faith in customer service.   Furthermore, I feel like I need to learn how to speak Hindi to talk with those in customer service.  It is much like the commercial that has the guy named Peggy doing customer service.  I really believe this board is just for "blowing off steam" as I have had absolutely no help getting the credit card problem solved.  Of course all the other avenues that I have used for help are also useless.  Buyer be ware!  I would not recommend the PayPal Extra Credit card.  I have not given up as I have others to write and plead my case.  Perhaps the FTC or the new President of eBay can help.  I have been trying to get this issue resolved for 6 months now.  My patience has finally ran out.  Oh by the way, I was promised paper copies of my statement.  This promise, like the rest was a total and absolute lie.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

mikeysauls
New Community Member

Same problem. My mastercard disappeared from paypal's website in December...and now they're calling me saying I have late payments. After an hour of resolving the issue this morning, and being transferred to 9 different people, it was a complete nightmare.

Worst. customer. service. EVER. 

Login to Me Too

alexsts
Contributor
Contributor

People did any of you see single reply from PayPal Extras on any of complains against this credit card?

Or simple comments from PayPal in general?

Do you think they care at all about reputation of their service and company?

Login to Me Too

mimler
New Community Member

I cannot find the Paypal Extra on the Paypal page either. what gives? I had my card stolen and was sent a new one with instructions to go to the Paypal page and click on "Activate your card"! Well, I would love to know just where I do this as I cannot find anything that says that anywhere on the web site! the virtual Rep is a joke Poor Sarah, she must really be a very low functioning person! No help at all! I cannot even find what I owe Who do you go to for help? From reading, I guess, no one! I could hardly understand who I spoke to one time and then he told me his name was Joey! I just laughed and hung up the phone. No help there! so where do you go for help, pay your bill, etc.?????

Login to Me Too

americandude
Contributor
Contributor

i heard this so many times, paypal has bad customer service

Login to Me Too

alexsts
Contributor
Contributor

Hey man,

you are not alone.

I talk with PayPal customer service and they told me that situation will be resolve with in 7-10 business days.

It was month ago!!!

It feels like people who work for PayPal no longer care for members, as it use to be.

I will try one more time and then  if that does not help -- will close this freaken credit card.

My credit score more important for me then convinience of PayPal Extra...

Login to Me Too

dpack
New Community Member

Wow, thought I was the only one going thru this. I was told by both PAYPAL & GE that there's nothing wrong with my account and no-one knows why it disappeared. Logically it has to fall on PAYPAL. After all its their site that's **bleep**ing up Right?

Login to Me Too

condor
New Community Member

Here I've been feeling like a fool cause I can't find anywhere on the paypal site anything that relates to my PP Extra MC only to find many have the same issue. WTF?? Paypal, fix the **bleep** issue or lose me as a customer!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the link between your PayPal account and your Extras MasterCard. The link is managed by the Credit Service Center. Give them a call and let them know what's going on so they can look into the issue and get that link reestablished for you.

Click here to view contact information for the Credit Service Center, or you call the number on the back of your card.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

alexsts
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Olivia,

do you really think that I did not exost all those option before I come to this forum?

In december when all this try-lya-lya started I call to GE and PayPal and all the phones listed to fix this situation.

It actually started after someone charged my PayPal account and I ask your CS what those charges all about. File dispute and here I am now.

Issues not resolved or at least nobody provide me with any info about how it is going.

Account not accessible from anywhere but phone.

And now I am seriousely thinking to cancel this credit card because it is to much risk and could place my credit score in jepardy...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.