Reported my debit card, tried to apply for another, application DENIED

temp201808262z
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to the people at paypal I no longer have a debit card and have to wait 30 days to reapply even though MY ADDRESS IS CONFIRMED.

I don't know if it is because I belong to Lifelock or what but I tried and tried today since 6:00am to get a new debit card and it looks like it ain't happening. It might not ever be.

So much for my nice new website.

So much for buying anything or selling anything on ebay. OR FEEBAY.

I really would like it if you could have one, ONE, operator to help you through the whole problem. I think I have talked to at least 10 today all very sorry for my agravation knowing that they won't have to deal with my compounded agravation the next time I have to call in when the lame-0 instructions they give me that are just like the last ones I was told DON'T WORK.

I updated my addresses, I went to the bank and changed my billing address on my bank account/checkcard, all to no avail.

I really don't know what else to do except wait and hope. I NEED this card. I can't wait 5 days to be able to use my money by transfer to my bank. What if I need food or meds? I rely heavily on this card and being able to use my money quickly.

Has anyone had similar problems? Has anyone had trouble changing their P.O. Box ? 

The only place that still has my p.o. box is on the debit card billing address feild itself and that address I tried and tried for ages to change but it WOULD NOT and I mean before all this , I mean years ago I tried to change it and it just would not change.

Paypal has to do something about this and about getting ONE PERSON to work on difficult problems like mine so they know what is going on and I don't have to constantly repeat myself and forget what I told this person or that.

I am a bit crazy right now and tired. I can't do business online or at least use my money easily if I can't have a debit card.

Should I close this account and get a new one? Is it going to be impossible for me to get a new card ever?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

temp201808262z
Contributor
Contributor

so I get an email from paypal after writing them. They tell me to add a social security number to my account. In the email they tell me: click on profile, click on identification preferences, then click social security card and then add.

THERE IS NO ADD.

I already had a card and even though I don't remember, because I have been with paypal for YEARS, they must already have my social security card number if that is what you have to provide in order to get a debit card BECAUSE I HAD A DEBIT CARD FOR YEARS. I just need a new one because I had to report my other card and have it canceled.

Login to Me Too

kevinryanrepair
Contributor
Contributor

I feel ya.  I lost my wallet which had my NEW debit card in it.  Called the wife and asked her to report it lost/stolen and click on the replacement  card.  NOW PAYPAL is saying that I am denied a new debit card.  I have had too many transactions / payments into my business account.  MY GOSH, I am a general contractor and my customers want to may through credit card so I signed up for this mess.  I have to also wait 30 days to try to reapply.  They said there was too many payments over the last few weeks.  Well, I should hope so  - I have been actively using this option with credit card processing and now without a debit card it takes 3-5 days to transfer the money. 

Oh, had an e-check from out of the country, guys a military person and wife is here in va beach, it took one week to clear the paypal account and now another 3-5 days for the transfer.

PAYPAL IS KILLING MY BUSINESS!!!!

TOTALLY **bleep** OFF

KEVIN

Login to Me Too

markosjal
Contributor
Contributor

Have a look at my post here!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal-Harvesting-Social-Security-Number...

Seems paypal is now denying uses with no SSN on the account and DEMANDING it once they have the user over a barrell and accustomed to relying on their service.

Login to Me Too

rockinkiwi
I am currently going through the same situation, but slightly different. 

My card is set to expire in 8 days, but I had yet to receive my replacement. My husband received his (and his doesn't expire until June).

So, I called PayPal earlier this week and asked if they mailed the replacement, as I didn't get it in the mail. They said they did, in mid-April. I told them I didn't receive it and asked how I could get a new one.

The Customer service rep told me to go online, cancel my old card and request a new one be sent to me....

This morning I got an e-mail saying my application was DENIED. Here are the problems with that:

1. Customer Service told me I could get a replacement by following those instructions

2. The card had already been created and mailed to me, so why is it now denied?

3. My husband still has his and has the new one as well? So why is mine denied and his isn't?

I'm biding my time until Customer Service opens this morning. Figures I get the e-mail on a Saturday when they don't open until 9am.

This is just stupid!

Login to Me Too

jenburgos8705
New Community Member

OMG!!!!! I wish i would have read this before i canceled my card! Yeah i canceled my bank account and do not own any other card you would think if i could log into my account would be enough verification but no i need a **bleep** credit card grrrr! so im guessing i am also going to have to go through **bleep** to see if i can get my money or if i hae to cancel my ebay store since i cannot get my money! Why does this shyt have to be so difficult!

And i have experience the stupid HOLDS on the account especially for new customers under 90 days and it **bleep** since the money sent includes shipping money but they expect me to ship the item beforehand and still wait 20 days to release my money. well after 2 consecutive holds i g0t ahold of actually a nice advisor and she happily released all holds. Why cant their be more reps like her!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.