Paypal wont mail Debit card to PO Box.

ur12vman
New Community Member

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

wayland
Contributor
Contributor

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Security Center at the top of the page.
  3. Click How we help protect sellers under Selling Safely.
  4. Click confirmed address.
  5. Click visit Alternate Address Confirmation.
  6. Select the address where we should send the confirmation code, or click Add a New Address.
  7. Follow the instructions.

This will let you add another address to send card to. Alternate Address Confirmation Done

http://h33.biz

Login to Me Too

Not-an-idiot
Contributor
Contributor

- PayPal is data-mining Pure & Simple.  There is no "law or executive order from Homeland Security" requiring that you provide them with your personal information. (including your SSN which is a blatant violation of the Privacy act of 1974)   Like all the other here, all my CC's from major banks come to my PO Box, yet PayPal won't send my nearly decade old account my new Debit Card to the same PO Box VERIFIED ADDRESS on file by my other CC's ?   what bull ! 

So.... as the story goes, I, like others gave them a HOME street address to send it to via a formal PayPal confirmation letter, and guess what... they still won't send it - ! The whole new: "Please enter your full SSN" page got on my nerves.  Note Well: PayPal -IS NOT- a bank, it is a Deposit Broker.  This is a DEBIT CARD to use for your own existing funds, not an application for a loan or line of credit.  PayPal has no authority nor right to do a credit check on you. 

So guess what PayPal... you won't send me me my updated Business Debit Card ??? Then you will no longer make any % off my transactions or purchases, I just dump "MY CA$H" into "MY USA BANK ACCOUNT" ~~~ where my "identity as a non-terrorist - US citizen - is already verified.  sigh*    ~~~~  You're losing money idiots !

...can any of you actually believe this is how they run a multi-billion $ business ???   really now.

Login to Me Too

phand21
Contributor
Contributor

You guys should get a life and quit complaining on an internet message board.  It's really not that big of a deal to update your address to say "Address 123" on Line 1 and "Box 456" on Line 2.  The trick works.  If you have no composure to handle a small inconvenience like this, I would like to see how you would handle an actual inconvenience / tragedy in your lives.  Seriously - just do it and be done with it.  It's not that big of a deal.

Login to Me Too

jijhlut3
New Community Member

This is a big deal to me. I live in a very rural area and only have a PO Box. I got a Walmart money card just so I could update my cc info to show a confimed street address, which is what I was told to do. To have a confimed address on file. I had two PP Debit cards on my account but 1 expired and 1 is due to expire next month. Paypal won't send me a new card without a confirmed street address. After doing all this, I then applied for a replacement debit card. Guess what! I was denied. I had to send in a copy of my drivers license, SS card and a utility bill with the street address on it. Luckily my tv bill shows the street address as the address where service is recieved. Otherwise my account would have been restricted and I couldn't take any money out. I could receive money I guess so they can collect their %, but I couldn't withdraw any. What a bunch of bull. I have been a PP user for over 10 years. If I don't get a new card next month, guess what PP won't get a % of my money.

Login to Me Too

PatrickHale
Contributor
Contributor

I am at the end of my rope with this problem (going on a year and a half now). I have been a Paypal customer for close to 7 years, I should be on my 3rd debit card (5 years). I am **bleep**. I have exhausted all resources..Is there anyway I can get Paypal to quit sending my bill for my smart connect account to my PO box, cause Lord knows it might not really be me that they are sending the bill too, and it might not even be me that is paying said bill. The whole policy about only sending to a verified address is total bs...my PO box is a verified address...that Paypal themselves verified. My physical address is not verified..so thus starts the vicious cycle....I would have to verify my physical address in order to get a new card, to do that I will have to change my billing address on my credit cards and bank statement...NOT gonna happen....the sad thing about it is Paypal don't understand what they are fixing to miss out on... I went from having a very small credit limit to a very large credit limit in the last year and a half.......which I could now tie that to my debit card......but alas no debit card... I tried the street address box # trick and it doesn't work for me.. I am trying the "alternate address" trick........if that doesn't work I will just clear my account out and say hasta la vista baby..

And the fact that paypal doesn't even acknowledge post like this just blows me away...if you have a complaint then to paypal you just don't exsist.....**bleep** just a simple "I understand your frustation but there is nothing I can do for you" would help out some

Wake up Paypal before you put yourself out of business

Login to Me Too

RowanMichaels
New Community Member

Now, I don't have a post office box but a very good friend of mine does and just had this issue come up.  Here is what I suggested, and it worked for her so those of you having issues might give it a try.

Find the street address for your post office.  Use that with the # of your box after it (no P.O., just the #).  It worked for my friend and I hope others have success with it as well.

Login to Me Too

scrr592
New Community Member

Here is what I did that worked:

Take an existing CC that has your PO Box address associated with it (example PO Box 123, City, ST Zip) and edit the address to be:

Postal Box Number 123

City, State  Zip+4

Save it and then go to your PP debit card and attempt to change the address.  It should list this address as valid to select.  It seems that the "Postal Box Number" doesn't get flagged as a PO Box address.

Worked for me!

Login to Me Too

yuurei88
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem with PayPal.  I've been a customer for years and with eBay as well.  My original debit card was delivered to my PO Box (as are most of my credit cards), but when I called to find out where the replacement was, they told me it would have to go to a "physical address".  I would then need to verify that address with another credit card.  Also, since the PP debit card had expired, I would now have to apply again.  As someone stated, this appears to be a data mining project as they now want a full SS#.  I'm so fed up with PayPal and eBay treating the customers upon who their success is built like criminals.  I can only pray that Google or another will offer an alternative some day.

Login to Me Too

trenner69

It's funny to me since my bank sends my debit cards to a P.O. Box, and they have access to all my money, my paypal debit doesn't so why are they treating us like criminals for having a P.O. Box, it's good enough for all my other mail and way safer, Their excuses was it's just in case we should ever have to come knocking on your door.....over my own money, I find that laughable...

Login to Me Too

I'm having the same problem. I filed an official complaint. Not taht they will listen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.