Paypal wont mail Debit card to PO Box.

ur12vman
New Community Member

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

shojo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Where I live, we don't HAVE street addresses. It's such a tiny town all mail goes to the PO boxes. Our post office employs 1 person. This is nuts.

Login to Me Too

ekeby
Contributor
Contributor

same thing here. I sent two emails to spoof@paypal.com because I didn't believe it was real. because I also posed a question on the spoof emails, I received a strange reply requiring more inquiry. This policy--if real--doesn't make any sense. If someone knows for sure if it's legit, I'd like to know. And then I'd like PayPal to send me my card to my PO Box as it has done for a number of years now.

Login to Me Too

D1X1E
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it is real because I called pp yesterday and though they have in the past sent pp debit cards to PO Box, now they wont. I was told its new Federal regulations. Funny cause I just got a renewed mastercard, right to my po box.

Login to Me Too

visa
Contributor
Contributor

i  like  to  remove  my  bank account.   and  use  mydebit visa   i  been  try  to  do  this  day  can  u help  me  do  this

@ur12vman wrote:

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

no

Login to Me Too

bub
New Community Member

I just had the same problem. Our town only gives our mail if it has a PO box. It required a physical address so I typed in the street address with box 231, behind it. I got my card. Don't put PO Box, Just box and the number. Hope it works for you.

Login to Me Too

JaneB

The guy at the Post Office told me that the post office won't send to it's own street address and it needs the PO box number.

Login to Me Too

Cyndilou

Glad this worked for you.  I get rural delivery in a small town that is located 15 miles from my house and I work for the Post Office 15 miles in the other direction.  I am just going to pass on their stupid card.  I get EVERYTHING to my PO box. I don't want it it sitting out in the open all day!

Login to Me Too

ekeby
Contributor
Contributor

I got my card! I put in as my address the street number of the PO, and then the PO Box number. As in

123 Broadway, Box 456

I noticed that the PO hand crossed out the street address and wrote 456 in big letters. And it was in my box. I'm wondering if I can now change the address back to the way it was on my paypal account, so everything I use it for won't have the wrong address now. I guess I'll try....

Login to Me Too

ekeby
Contributor
Contributor

I have successfully changed my address back from 

123 Broadway, Box 456

to just

PO Box 456

This is important because a number of sites on which I use this card have records of my billing address (the PO Box) and my home address (the actual street address of where I live). I can now use those sites without having to change my billing info on them.

It works people!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.