Paypal wont mail Debit card to PO Box.

ur12vman
New Community Member

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

keeling74820

I am in the very same boat. Lost my debit card, reported it lost/stolen and deactivated it. Then Paypal wanted to know where to mail my replacement card and the form said it could only be mailed to a billing address for one of my linked cards from other banks. Since all of those had my PO box as the billing address, Paypal refused to send it there. So, I logged out, contacted my bank, had my billing address changed on one of my cards, logged back in to Paypal, updated the new billing address on that card, BUT when I went in to finish the form and get my replacement card mailed out - Paypal didn't give me that form again. Instead, they made me do a completely new application and promptly denied that application. So, by losing my debit card, now they won't let me have another one????? I am about to pull my hair out. I've been a Paypal customer for quite a while, done a lot of business with them. I find this terribly inconvenient and insulting. I've emailed asking for help with this problem. Waiting to see what they say.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.