Paypal wont mail Debit card to PO Box.

ur12vman
New Community Member

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

jmonson
Contributor
Contributor

I need this fixed ASAP.  This is the card I use for my online business and it will be expiring at the end of the month. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

IAMME
New Community Member

yesman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem!!!!

HELP

Thanks

Login to Me Too

bruce06426
New Community Member

I also can't get a new card... there must be thousands of us...As well as a post office box, I also have a shipping address listed with Pay-pal but recieve only deliveries there...

Login to Me Too

rsimonis
New Community Member

I am now having the same problem. Paypal obviously has their heads up you know what. And USPS boxes are very difficult to use with fraudulent behavior because it is harder to get a pobox than it is to get a drivers license now. LISTEN UP PAYPAL, QUIT BEING IGNORANT AND HELP US YOU FOOLS!

Login to Me Too

8paws
New Community Member

I have the same problem. We have no mailbox at the house, so all mail must go to the box. I've received past PayPal cards at the box with no problem. This new "policy" is moronic. I also tried changing my address to the street address, but since it doesn't match my credit card on record, the system kicked it back. I'll try calling customer "service" to see what results.

It is illogical how PayPal decided it's allegedly more secure to send the card to a street address. Mail is stolen out of home mailboxes at a much higher rate than out of post office boxes. That's exactly why we changed to a post office box years ago, because we live in the boonies where boxes are far from the house and often out of sight -- people were having their mail stolen and then identity theft issues followed.

I guess if PayPal was running a bricks and mortar bank, to make things "more secure" they'd keep cash in paper bags on the bank floor instead of a "risky" safe.

Login to Me Too

XDTOM40
New Community Member

I also have the same problem.  The bank account my card is connected to has my POB and I want that to stay the same too.  I don't get what the heck the big deal is.  Our street address mailboxes (at very nice apartments) were broken into and a lot of stuff stolen.  My POB however is inside the post office where people are most of the time day and night and there are cameras.  Seems like my POB is the safest place to send my card. 

Login to Me Too

jmonson
Contributor
Contributor

All,

I finally got the problem fixed, but I was on the phone with PayPal customer service for over 40 minutes.  It was a total pain.  The poor customer service girl was friendly, but she was just as confused as I was. 

First, you all need to know that this is not PayPal's doing...Homeland Security is forcing them to change their card shipping policies (thank you government, for yet another pain in my a**...as if doing business in the USA weren't already nearly impossible thanks to you). 

Anyway, there was another issue where I had to actually allow PayPal to check my credit report in order to get a new card.  I demanded to know why they needed to look at my credit report for a debit card, and they couldn't give me an acceptable answer.  I finally just allowed it because I was so fed-up and needed my card ASAP.  I got it a week and a half later.

So have fun, y'all!  Wish I had another hour to document and explain all of the things I had to go through to get this fixed, but I don't.

Good luck and godspeed. 

Login to Me Too

terrypre
Contributor
Contributor

you are way off base that is not homeland security or other government regs as you are trying to state my wife works for the post office and has checked this, they are blaming these gvt groups for the problem but it is really just covering up for the poor choices paypal/ebay have made and wont admit too, also check what coutry you may be talking to they have outsourced most tech (phone support) jobs, to guess where.  What it seems to be is paypals way of **bleep**ing the post office and us the consumer even more.  ebay pushes ups and fedex for shipping(can you say kickback) and the post office as a last resort, even though what you do not know is both fed ex and ups use the post office much of the time to ship your items then they pick up in your area and deliver to you in one of their vehicles making it look as though they have done the whole job, the post office is cheaper and faster if you use priority flate rate, the post office unloads the airplanes at night, ship containers in the early morning(dont send parcel post for any distance it is put on a ship not airplane if going overseas, alaska, hawaii, etc.) then they work the desk or in back getting these parcels to their correct locations and boxes, they arent given the credit they deserve all the customer sees is the office staff, not the hard hrs put in by those like my wife all night long then part of the morning, 1 day a week off thats it, most holidays are worked by staff doing these behind the scenes jobs, they have the best ontime rating(if its promised to be delivered it has to be or heads do roll) they are losing so much cash flow due to these other companys falsly taking the credit for on time delivery and they get a huge break from the post office for volume.

Login to Me Too

mach1_70
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if this is an option for most of you but I've had issues with people in the past not shipping to a p.o. box so I went and got a box at a ups store. You get an actual address for the box not a p.o. address. Just an idea.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.