Is a Paypal Debit card even worth applying for?

americandude
Contributor
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

bicky
New Community Member

only if you plan on maintaining a decent sized balance in your account. if you want to use backup funding (i.e. your checking account) thats all well and fine, but be prepared to not be able to access your money at random times, usually inconveniently.  for example, mastercard tends to shut down at random times and your card wont be active, you will be the last to know this. or youll have a backup limit of $800. but wont be able to charge more than $50 at a time. and they are famous for letting 2 $4 charges go through, but not 1 charge of $8. its erratic. i will admit its nice to have the debit card to access your funds if you do a lot of transactions where you keep a balance in your paypal account, but overall? not worth it. just my opinion.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I personally love this product, and not just because I work for PayPal Smiley Happy 

Here's why: not only can you access your balance at an ATM or use it to make purchases, you can sign up for back up funding and use that to make purchases.  On top of all that, it comes with a cashback program you can enroll in!  Check out https://www.paypal.com/debitcard for  more information. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

DurocShark
Contributor
Contributor

I do love my debit card. Being able to access my $$ right away is awesome. Especially when it comes to shipping and other costs around a sale that can't be done via the Paypal site.

However, today it cannot be accessed. It's like Mastercard and Paypal are having a lover's quarrel and won't talk to each other anymore.

😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.