Can't pull cash from ATM with PP debit card. Why?

crash042077
New Community Member

I do not have anything in my paypal account, but my backup source has plenty, which is my bank account. The ATM will not allow me to pull cash out. Why?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

The ability to withdraw funds from an ATM with a PayPal Debit Card is limited to the funds actively in your PayPal account balance - a back up funding source, such as a bank or a Smart Connect account, cannot be used for ATM withdrawals (though it can be used for any signature, non-PIN based purchase).

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

doghouse4me
New Community Member

I do have money in my account and was trying to withdrawal less than my balance. I went to two different ATM's at two completely different banks and both gave me the same message "unable to process your request at this time" - there was not a reason given, it wasn't declined. I thought maybe it was just something going on at the time that I was trying, but after reading these boards I'm wondering if the card system is just unreliable?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

When withdrawing at the ATM, are you selecting savings, credit, or checking?  The most common cause of a failed withdrawal attempt is the type that was selected.  Smiley Happy

That aside, interruptions in service - while regrettable - can and do occur with any debit card, be it PayPal or your local bank, though they are very rare.  Card processing requires a number of different communication links across multiple companies, and a break in the line - anywhere - can cause a temporary disruption.  Currently, our ATM service is fully functional. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.