PayPal credit and section 75 question.

Dudders2020
New Community Member
Hi there. On the 3rd of June 2019 I purchased a 12 month gym membership for £120 using PayPal credit. However, in November I received an email from the gym saying that the branch I had joined was due to close on the 3rd of December but the gym would contact me by the 15th of December and refund the balance of my membership fee. Trusting the gym to refund me, I left it at that, however the time passed to sort it via PayPal buyer protection. Any queries to the gym with regards to a refund now go I replied. I contacted PayPal via the resolution centre and had a claim denied 'We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). The decision was made because the purchase is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection according to our User Agreement." To cut a long question short, are payments made with PayPal credit covered by section 75 of the consumer credit act and as such would my purchase be covered by it?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ilikemoney
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, PayPal Credit is covered by Section 75.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.