PayPal Credit Refund

BeccaElaine98
Contributor
Contributor
Good Evening, I hope you are all having a great day! I have a slight issue that I need some help with. I made a payment using my paypal credit to buy some clothes as I have put on weight due to lockdown, sad times. Anyway. I made this payment, got the clothes and found that some of them didn’t fit so sent them back for a refund. Now normally when I get a refund for something I purchased using my paypal credit, it actually goes into my balance. Therefore I decided to pay off any outstanding credit I had between the time I made the purchase and the refund was issued, thinking it’d go into my balance not on my credit. So I got my paypal credit outstanding to £0.00 and then this refund came through and it is now saying -£41.00, which means I am owed this money. The refund went into my credit instead of into my balance Additionally I have had another payment of £6.99 come out of my credit for my PSN. So I thought that it’d be fine as it’d take it out of the £41 that is in credit which it hasn’t, it’s actually taken it out of my available balance, so it’s like this £41 doesn’t even exist. Please can you get this refund resolved and transferred to my balance, as what is the point of having it as an outstanding credit, that you guys owe me, if it doesn’t register when making new purchases? Thank you so much Rebecca
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BeccaElaine98 

If the -£41.00 credit is not used, meaning you didn't make a charge on your PayPal Credit, it will remain in your PayPal Credit balance for at least 2 billing cycles and then in the next billing cycle, PayPal will issue a refund and then mail you a cheque or forward it to your PayPal balance, which ever is their policy.

This is typically standard operation in the credit industry at least in the USA, don't know if the custom is the same in the UK.

IF your PSN account was funded by PayPal Credit, it should have been taken out of the amount owed to you so double check what was the funding source of your PSN account. You can check by going to:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant (PSN) on left, see the payment method on the right.

Its possible that the system decided to charge a different funding source instead of your PayPal Credit. If your PSN account was funded specifically by your PayPal balance instead, that would explain why it didn't go towards your PayPal Credit account balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BeccaElaine98 

If the -£41.00 credit is not used, meaning you didn't make a charge on your PayPal Credit, it will remain in your PayPal Credit balance for at least 2 billing cycles and then in the next billing cycle, PayPal will issue a refund and then mail you a cheque or forward it to your PayPal balance, which ever is their policy.

This is typically standard operation in the credit industry at least in the USA, don't know if the custom is the same in the UK.

IF your PSN account was funded by PayPal Credit, it should have been taken out of the amount owed to you so double check what was the funding source of your PSN account. You can check by going to:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant (PSN) on left, see the payment method on the right.

Its possible that the system decided to charge a different funding source instead of your PayPal Credit. If your PSN account was funded specifically by your PayPal balance instead, that would explain why it didn't go towards your PayPal Credit account balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tomek78
New Community Member

Hi there. Is it sorted now? I've just received refund for fully paid PayPal credit and just wonder if that's true that I'd need to wait around 2 months to get it back as a cheque? If so that will be the last thing to do with PayPal and I'll shut the account straight away. Is there anybody who could confirm when refunded amount will be available when transferred back to PayPal credit when outstanding balance was 0 and now it shows that refunded amount as -£128?

Login to Me Too

joannexx
New Community Member

I've just got a refund from my Jet2 holiday through PayPal Credit as I used this to pay off my last instalment but it has now been cancelled due to Covid. Having looked on the PayPal Credit page there is no option to process a refund at all and my account was showing up as -£1350.00. Obviously I panicked having read so many things about not being able to transfer money from PayPal Credit to a Bank Account and possibly having to wait 2 months for it to be automatically transferred but turns out it was resolved fairly quickly. I contacted PayPal Credit via telephone chose the option to go through to an 'Agent' and instead of asking for the refund to be transferred to my bank account (for some bizarre reason this does not seem possible) I asked for the two transactions that I had paid to PayPal Credit for the sum of £1000 and £350 to be returned back to me and this was agreed straight away today and the money went in to my PayPal Balance within an hour and is now back in my bank account.

Hopefully this helps anyone else having this difficulty out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.