Paypal credit issue

geecee1961
New Community Member

6 months ago I purchased from a seller using Paypal credit without a problem, now trying to purchase from the same seller using Paypal credit and it tells me I must select another method of payment even with Paypal credit an option available on the sellers page and I have more than enough in credit to pay for this, the error message shows the following..

Unfortunately, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:

• Check out with another PayPal method, like the one we're showing now.
  • Select a different payment option.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

I'm going through the exact same issues as you are right now, and it seems nothing can be done. So many other people have the same problem from ages ago and PayPal is yet to say respond to those posts.

Login to Me Too

Hermybear
Contributor
Contributor
I have spent thousands of dollars through PP over the last 15+ years.  I have had this line of credit for over a year now and have used it and paid it off at least twice in the last 6 months.  Now I can't spend a dime.  This is NOT our problem.  PayPal.... Hello??? You there???? You're happy to take our money in fees but where is the service???  I am one of about 2,000 people complaining about this and not one response in over 3 years???  Seriously?  Are you going to fix this or not?  I'm losing both my patience and my trust.  Do something or explain yourselves but this silence is not acceptable.
Login to Me Too

AnnaCrafts
Contributor
Contributor

Unlike most credit accounts which allow you to actually use your credit when you want, from what I can gather PayPal must approve every single purchase made with PayPal Credit.

Because it is their computer system making the decision, denial can be for anything.  The problem is you’re never told why, so there is no way to correct whatever is causing the denial. Even their reps are not helpful in finding out why, they’ll tell you or email you canned responses, but never actually address your concerns  - like robots.

It took years for me to give PayPal a try, I didn’t miss anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.