PayPal Credit and Credit Bureau's

BiffBoom
Contributor
Contributor

Just trying to find out WHY PayPal Credit doesn't report to the Credit Bureau's.   I would think that that topic would be important enough to place in the FAQ.  Oh well.  Hope someone can explain.Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Twfox52
Contributor
Contributor

Did they say whether it would be considered a new account opened on June 1st or will they use the date that we originally signed up for PayPal credit?

Login to Me Too

SLBVeteran
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal credit does report to the credit bureaus. My PayPal credit shows up on my FICO updates from USAA, Chase, and Discover accounts. Under each service I have gives me monthly reports of open accounts and other info of my credit profile. It is noted on reports as a revolving charge account not as a line of credit. The symbol I see is SYNCP/PPC. Hope this helps?!?
Login to Me Too

ScottXavier
New Community Member
The problem in having is that I paid it off early and I still show a balance. Now I'm trying to buy a house and the credit balance is affecting me negatively. Wish they'd report that is paid off.
Login to Me Too

SLBVeteran
Contributor
Contributor
For myself I too paid off about $35,000 in debt recently. Thanks to the VA finally paying me my retroactive payment at 100% level disability going back 7 years. Geez. Anywho, Navy Federal Credit Union who is doing my VA Home loan told me it takes about 30 days for the credit bureaus to update records and FICO scores. And to wait at least two months before filling out my pre-approval application. Needless to say my FICO score jumped by 50 points to 802 in two months, and I will be moving into my new home. Yeah!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.