Can I pay off my credit balance with my master card

Lindum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I would like to know if I can pay off my PayPal credit balance with a MasterCard. 

Thanks a lot.

Michael.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lindum

You can only do it from a bank account or debit card as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-make-a-paypal-credit-payment-faq447

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lindum
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass for the reply.

I find it hard to understand why its not possible to pay off an outstanding balance with a mastercard , after all its just another way of spending money.

It turns out that Argos wouldn't let me do the same with their store card either. So I ended up going to my bank and getting their advise on this problem and they said its the way store cards are set up and there's nothing you can do about it.

The guy I spoke to said the only thing I could do is use my Mastercard to pay for general daily needs like dinners and coffee and household toiletries with the Mastercard for the next couple of months and use my monthly income to pay off the credit balance that way.

So I paid off my Argos card, that was only £138.50 and over the next couple of months I'll pay off my PayPal balance as well. 

Thanks again for your help.

Michael.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.