Sending Limit & Details for unlinked account

JerisEnigma
Contributor
Contributor

I am having difficulty finding the specifics on how we can use an account that has no card or bank linked to it.

While I understand it is limited... limited to what? What is the upper dollar amount (total or per transfer?), max number of transactions (total or daily?), etc? Can we spend money received here anywhere Paypal is accepted, again without a bank/card? Getting verified/linked is definitely encouraged, but I simply cannot find any information on unlinked accounts beyond saying they are "limited".

I'm making an account because I am currently unemployed and so have no bank account or card to link, nor will I until I have a some sort of steady income. This account only exists to receive random payments from survey sites and the like. If possible, please link to the information I'm searching for, rather than just saying it is X or Y... I'm looking for the official details, as most info I dug up was outdated or people just guessing.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JerisEnigma

It wouldn't be limited, thats another issue. You would be 'unverified'.

From paypals help pages.

Can I send money before my account is verified?

Yes, however as an 'unverified' user you'll have initial limits on the amount you can send, receive and withdraw from your UK PayPal account.

To view your limits:

1. Click Summary.
  2. Near the bottom left corner of the page under 'More about your account'.
  3. Click View your account limits.

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.
BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk AND at 'some point' anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JerisEnigma
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

"as an 'unverified' user you'll have initial limits"
Those are the limits I'd like to know about.

Maybe it's because this is not a UK account (it's US), but the places in step 2 & 3 do not exist anywhere on the summary page. Also, the link "limits on the amount you can send, receive and withdraw" is a dead link... "The page you're looking for is no longer available."

Thank you very much for the link, but not only did it not help, it seems to be out of date! 
Paypal badly needs to do some rewriting of this site. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.