Scammed! Paypal isn't helping!

thornton716
New Community Member

Hello! I ordered dumb bells on this site from China, Elishops. I placed the order on Friday 4/3/20. On 4/8/20 Paypal emailed me a confirmation that my items were shipped. I did not receive my items and the tracking numbers provided to me were false. Paypal refuses to help because in their eyes I authorized this and the items were as good as shipped. The tracking numbers were for a vet in my town and the lady happened to have my same first name. She received two packages but they were from another company in Pennsylvania. I explained this to paypal, but they still closed my case. I have filed a claim with the FTC, but I am now out $140. Suggestions since there is no one I can talk to at customer service??

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monicags 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mrsorich
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is going to be sorry for messing with my money. I’m going to get my lawyer involved bc for this big company to allow fraudulent behavior occur in their name is bad business
Login to Me Too

kanani206
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support closed my 2 cases after being scammed because the seller provided a false tracking number as well. I'm so frustrated. Was anyone else able to navigate through this?

Login to Me Too

OneWatt
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with elishops.com. They took my money through Paypal, but never sent me a confirmation email or tracking number as posted on their website. The order is still in processing the last I checked, and they will not return any of my emails. I filed a dispute with Paypal so they could reverse the charges before the seller closed his accounts, but they unbelievably sided with the seller. The website is now taken down so I cannot check order status anymore. I still have not received my item. I am very disappointed with Paypal colluding with fraudulent sellers and not protecting buyers.

Login to Me Too

Mrsorich
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is bad customer service I’m going to my news station in hopes I can be interviewed by news station in NY so everyone that watches the news can know PayPal allow scam artist to profit from consumers
Login to Me Too

OneWatt
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: After a few months, I decided to file an appeal to this case. I tried following Paypal's instructions for doing this, but the instructions did not align with the actual web site layout. I do not think there is a way to do this on their web site, so I called them via telephone. The representative was very helpful and filed the appeal for me. Only a few hours later, I received a full refund. Thank you Paypal.

Login to Me Too

RLondon
Contributor
Contributor

My experience is that the paypal protection program is as good as non existent, I also have a dispute with elishops and told them immediatly to stop the payment after doing some research after placing the order and becoming suspicious - this was less than 12 hours after the placement of order. One would assume we are not the only people being scammed by this person and they should not be doing business with them. If you paid by CC you have 60 days to file a claim perhaps only 30 days if by a debit card - do that if you can. Waiting for a letter from a shipper is to burdensome, the tracking info should be enough and the shipper is not going to give you a letter for it was not shipped or addressed to you, my tracking info was bogus and it should delivery in days and the weight way off so you could see it was faked. Forget the FTC go to the FBI site and also file with your state AG

PayPal be shamed!

Login to Me Too

karm514

I am having the same problem after ordering a squat rack on 4/11,  It was never received.  I have filed multiple claims, and also contacted UPS.  They said that tracking number was for Fuquay where I live but not intended for my address.  Paypal is refusing to help and I can't get anyone on the phone to help me.

Login to Me Too

Dr_Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me.  I ordered a Miter Saw dust hood in response to a Facebook pop-up offer.  No acknowledgement from vendor, but PayPal sent me a payment confirmation.  After a couple of weeks I attempted to contact vendor per PayPal instructions.  The email address PayPal provided did not exist, and my email was returned as undeliverable.  Originally vendor did not provide any tracking information.  I filed a complaint with PayPal on June 1.  They took more than 20 days to "investigate."  In this time they were able to contact vendor, and vendor suddenly provided a USPS tracking number -- that was more than two months after the order was placed.  USPS tracking showed package delivered to my "mailbox" on April 30.  I did receive a package on April 30th.  It was a very small envelope containing a child's cartoon sticker and nothing else.  That is how the vendor obtained a legitimate looking delivery statement to my address.  It is physically impossible that the merchandise could be delivered to my mailbox because it is more than 10 times larger than my community box, and far larger than the package delivery box for my apartment complex.  It would necessarily have had to be hand delivered to my door.  Both my wife and I are retired, and someone is home at all times.  There was no such delivery.  I telephoned PayPal and they agreed to reopen my claim.  They sent me an email with instructions on how to provide additional information, which I have tried to do 4 different times.  The PayPal agent set up the claim such that the "Response Required" date is June 3 while their investigation was not complete until June 23.  Thus their system will not allow me to send the requested information because even though the case was reopened, the computer thinks my response is almost a month late.  Incredible!  PayPal MUST stop doing business with this vendor, and they MUST refund my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.