Scam Alert

FeFeRapture
Contributor
Contributor

Hi just giving people a warning in the latest email scam claiming to pay pal .
So recently I have been receiving emails from same email address claiming to be pay pal , this is the email address {<removed>}and as you can see it's not pay pal for a start I am from the U.K so are pay pal is .co . u k and that email address differs from the one we have  and this one as been sent to a totally different email address I own that's not attached to my pay pal account but the email address says the account is limited please click link to sort out e ct like most scam ones do so my warning to you is always check out the email address if it is different to the pay pal email you normally get then its a scammer ,In the years I have been with PayPal It as never sent a link to click on ,it as always addressed me by my name and it never emails me on accounts not attached to my pay pal account so if your like me with multiple emails please check your account your on , so for those who are not aware of these dangers always check the senders emails address if it differs from the normal one you use to  then flag it and block it ,never click on links in emails unless you just set up account with a company and it as stated it as sent you a email so unless you recognize the email address do not entertain it ,never give out your password or any personal information to verifies who you are i e driving licence ,passport number, national insurance number or any bank details , if a company rings you asking for details do not give them it unless your ringing the company yourself and you know they are who they say they are so always check senders emails ,do not give out details , and never press on the links if you do change your password also remember to change your password regularly and keep a note of it in your home put it in a safe place were it's not on show    and if you see the email address I put up in brackets please block it they are scammers thank you 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.