Paypal Fees

martfernandez8
New Community Member

I learned that I had a personal account. Paypal deducted a "paypal transaction fee" to the money sent to me by someone I invoiced. I already upgraded my account now to business account. Will paypal give/pay back the "paypal transaction fee" to me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martfernandez8 

Sorry, no. Both personal and business accounts are charged PayPal fees to receive money for goods and services. That includes payment on invoices and money requests. You should not intentionally avoid fees. This makes fees expensive for everyone. And those who pay fees should not be subsidizing your transactions.

If a transaction is a personal payment, then sender is supposed to send it the right way to begin with. And if PayPal notices that you're using friends and family payments the wrong way, they could disable it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martfernandez8 

Sorry, no. Both personal and business accounts are charged PayPal fees to receive money for goods and services. That includes payment on invoices and money requests. You should not intentionally avoid fees. This makes fees expensive for everyone. And those who pay fees should not be subsidizing your transactions.

If a transaction is a personal payment, then sender is supposed to send it the right way to begin with. And if PayPal notices that you're using friends and family payments the wrong way, they could disable it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.