My first 3 weeks with paypal

Snacktray
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

This Post is to let new users know how my experience with pay pal treats its customers. Well, for starters i have literally had to call them every day since i opened the account with issues with their "security system". I have spent hours on the phone or on hold trying to figure out why i can not send money from my paypal account to my bank or other people. Apparently no one at Paypal knows how their "security" system operates or why it flags people. I have verified every aspect of my account and answered every security question only to still have to wait long periods of time before they withdrawal my funds. It is literally at the point where i have to call them before I make a transfer to make sure my account is not flagged for security reason and then after when i find that everything the pay pal employee was either misleading or just false. In the 20+ employees I've talked to no one can tell me what is causing these issues or what i can do to prevent it.  I get a lot of apologizes however, no action. I recently had a charge back from one of my customers and I was not even allowed to give them information about the case. I have all sorts of proof and paperwork which they were uninterested in seeing  because they said it was an unauthorized payment. Well needless to say the buyer won the dispute and was awarded the funds. I never even got a chance to give paypal evidence to the contrary. Now that the judgement is complete and there is nothing that can be done i looked up the # that customer gave pay pal on their dispute and its not even the same person. So apparently this "security" system they speak so highly of still allowed this buyer to scam not only paypal but their Sellers too. I wasn't even given a chance to give my evidence or side of the story. So not only that but the next day they denied my next transfer to my bank and are holding my funds hostage in their "pending system" which they will not release. I have asked for Pay Pal to close my account and send me a paper check but they are unwilling to do even that. So here i am sitting and  waiting for my funds to be released and am pretty unconfident that they will release them due to my past experiences. Quite frankly my experience has been that i have been treated like a criminal that is just trying to scam them when i have done nothing but jump thru every hoop that was required. I have been given the run around and given false information with every aspect of pay pals so called features and benefits and am now just waiting for this nightmare to be over. If you are a new customer i would be very weary of the company you just got involved in and i feel its my responsibility to tell others what I've been and am still going thru. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

EmmaLJ
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! Total waste of time, energy and patience. What is the point of pay pal again? Really, i mean to me, their paypal credit is a joke. It can't be used anywhere and every place that says they do wants my cc info and or bank act info and no mention any further of pp credit as payment. Customer service is a joke. The weird security freezes are just that weird. I'm so done. They've done nothing to help me or explain why to some paypal is the best and to me worthless so I think I will delete my account today as well and tell everyone I know how lame and frustrating this total display online off my most personal info for no reason to benefit me at all has been.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.