Maybe a scam?

JWall79
New Community Member
Has anyone bought an item from amazon trying a product then receive a postcard from the company? The postcard ask you to go to a website which takes you to Facebook messenger. Gives you options to receive a free bottle or money back. I clicked on money back and they asked for my paypal email. They sent me the money but I’m afraid to accept it into my bank account thinking it’s a scam to get my info. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi JWall79,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Here are a few tips that can help reduce potentially risky transactions:

• If you've been given an option to get your money back, any refund would need to be returned back to the same payment method you've used. If you didn't pay using your PayPal account balance but, for example, use your card instead, it would be expected that money would be returned back to the same card. 
  • Review the seller's feedback or reputation. If you wish to find out more information regarding any online seller I recommend you do an online search for customer reviews.

To learn more about online safety and payments security, click the "Security" link near the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.