June 30, 2018 deadline for updating browser

btmullenix
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ordinary account (but my debit card says 'Business' on it).  I just use PayPal to purchase items from e-bay (mostly).  My browsers are already at the top of their abilities and I can't afford to purchase a new computer.  Am I really not going to be able to see my PayPal account after 6/30/18?  Am I supposed to withdraw my money and close the account?  Seriously, what are 'poor' people supposed to do here?  I'm on a fixed income and have to watch every penny, and am unable to accommodate PayPal's upgrade request.  Would it make a difference if I had a personal account, in which case, how do I change from Business to Personal?  (Don't know how I got on Business in the first place).  I read the policy information and am completely lost, as I have no idea what all those initials stand for or if I use them to make purchases.  And even if I can continue to make purchases, if I can't see my account, I won't be able to track purchases or ask questions.  This is all very confusing for non-computer literate elderly people!

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

GoodPoint
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, the email from PayPal must have been put together by either someone who doesn't understand the English language or someone who doesn't care about our time. Either way, it's lame for PayPal to behave in this manner.

So, rather than stating "The web browser you are currently using is not compliant...", it should have stated "The web browser you are currently using may not be compliant...".

And obviously they have no intention of making this change that should take all of a few seconds, because I got the same message today.

LAME... LAME... LAME... Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

lynn63
New Community Member

Hi I got the e mail saying I need to upgrade my browser it wont let me log in to my account i forgot the password i put in the one i use and says cant find it

Login to Me Too

brian323
New Community Member

I received an email fromPaypal yesterday which stated the following:

"To meet the new PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) required by all websites that hold payment data, PayPal will no longer support outdated web browsers. 

During this shift, your personal financial info will remain secure. All you'll need to do is upgrade your browser on each device that you use to log in to PayPal.com in order to maintain your access after June 30th. Upgrading is simple, just follow the easy steps below."

However, when I tried to login, Paypal does not recognize my email address...I'm responding to an email THEY SENT TO ME. This is the only email address I've ever used. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

AllyCat1966
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem. Pay Pal wants me to "log in" to call or email them to correct the problem. Of course, it no longer recognizes my email despite trying from 3 different (all upgraded) browsers. I finally just created a new account (using my email that used to work). I have been sitting for 15 minutes waiting for the "confirmation email" that has never arrived. Seems that this is a hack and it's time to find a different way to pay for things, assuming I have any money left after this mess that probably has just drained my bank account. Starting to look like a big hack to me. Hope you have better luck. Off to call my bank to stop payments on my account.

Login to Me Too

TomMeisen
New Community Member

I cannot update my browser because I cannot update my OS and I cannot up date my OS because the Mac I have is too old. Can I still make purchases with my PayPal account after June 30. I will not buy a new computer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomMeisen

Maybe not. Check with c.s.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jtstark
New Community Member

Is anyone else having trouble logging in as per the instructions to upgrade and test our browsers for the new standard? I have updated all of my browsers, and still Paypal will not allow me to sign in through Sandbox. I receive the message "Some of your info isn't correct. Please try again." even though I have entered the same password I normally use. Help.  All browsers indicate I have the latest versions.

Login to Me Too

Badger999
New Community Member
Hi what is this new browser
Login to Me Too

EABWA
Contributor
Contributor

The help they give is confusing. I use an iPhone and an iPad and access Paypal using Google Chrome on both. I already have ios greater than 6 on both my devices. Do I need to upgrade or not? I don' like the fact that they are trying to control the browser I use. That's my choice!!!

@Badger999 wrote:
Hi what is this new browser

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EABWA

@Badger999

Just click on the link in the info in your paypal account and if the page loads you are ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.