Do eBay buyers see my home address after paying through Paypal?

MSpace
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. 

I am just wondering if people can see my home address when I make a sale on eBay and the buyer pays through PayPal. I have an eBay business account and have only just now upgraded my PayPal account to a business account. I have no-idea what buyers see when paying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

With a Business Account, buyers only see your Business Name and email address - no personal names unless your Business Name is your personal name.

Login to Me Too

MSpace
Contributor
Contributor

Hi GreenGear,

Thanks for the reply. Oh, nice! So if someone buys an item through eBay I assume they cannot see my address at all then (?). I have an eBay business account and PayPal business account with a business name.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MSpace

Sorry but if you are an Ebay UK business seller then you should have your business address details on the auction.

HOWEVER if your business address is not your home address you are ok.

Requirements for business sellers

The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 requires businesses to provide certain information about themselves, including their contact details and geographic address at which their business is established.

To fulfil this requirement, sellers operating as a business on eBay.co.uk must complete the Business Seller Information section within their account, which will automatically display their business contact details and address on the seller's profile page.

Sellers operating as a business on eBay.co.uk must continue to complete the Business Seller Information section within their account, which will automatically display their business contact details and address on their profile page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MSpace
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yes that is correct. The address must be displayed on the eBay page. So do the customers also see this business address in PayPal too or not. I assume not from the previous responses. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.