Buyer protection for service bought under paypal do not apply!

AvgCust
Contributor
Contributor

"Paypal will most likely not able to protect customer for services(non physical item) bought through Paypal."

That's what Paypal representative told me letters to letters, I think its more appropriate to say

"They will not protect customer for non-physical item bought through Paypal"

I have bought a service online(first time, bad decision I know), to do a work for me basically.

Received the product/service but nothing was done right, asked them to redo, they said they will and apologies for inconvenience.

So, here I am expecting something, but hear nothing back from them.

I got worried, so escalate through paypal, and asked paypal to step in and help. And I thought, I am in good hands know, since I bought through paypal and covered under Paypal customer protection.

oh boy, I was so wrong, 2 weeks after I escalate it, without any consultation to me, they just decided its not in my favour, and that's it! they closed the case.

I called the customer representative, talk to Lauren, she told me she will reopen the case and asked me to upload the supporting documents/emails correspondence that highlighted that they apologies for the item sent to me is not as described and will redo the work for me and sent it again.

Great they will reopen the case! So, I sent these documents, uploaded them as instructed by Lauren.

The next day, I received an email, "Thank you for contacting PayPal about your recent claim. When a buyer and seller are unable to agree on a resolution, we investigate the claim and decide the outcome. Once we have made a decision regarding whether this item is "significantly not as described," it will be considered final and cannot be appealed."

Basically, the case can't be reopen once finalised, definitely not what Lauren told me! She said paypal will re-investigate the case if I can provide further supporting documentations.

Frustrated, I called the customer service again, talked to Brand.

Know this guy give me completely different story, basically these are what he said:

1. Paypal most likely will not be able to protect customer for services bought (ie. non-physical item)

2. Paypal can't investigate the case item is not as described, because Paypal can't judge the quality and expectation

3. Well fair enough, but I got an emails from them specifically, "apologizing and that they will redo the work", isn't that quantifiable enough?

4. But then Brand said, emails are not valid documents! what??

5. Then he start talking gibberish, how paypal customer protection is the protection of buyer financial information. If item is bought through credit card, financial information is not safe.

6. Brand then told me there is no more Paypal can do at this time and to seek help through my bank/credit card

7. and lots of other unrelated stuff.

8. I cant believe what he said, so I wanted to reconfirm is what he said make sense to you guys. So I asked him to send me an email of what he just told me over the phone.

9. Guess what no email yet!

What do you guys think? Should I just give up?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.