Australia to India payment fees?

Ahmed998
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is not clear at all about its rules.

Suppose I live in Australia, and I want to send money to india in USD. First my local currency will be converted to USD, is the conversion fee INCLUDED In the exchange rate or do i have to calculate it myself and adjust the amount I send myself?

Second what are the transaction fees on both ends, mine and the receivers, for the international transaction I am making?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

when you are ready to send payment in a foreign currency,Paypal will show you a screen of how much in local currency would it cost you,which will include the conversion fee.

when sending payment overseas,there will be fee,look up Paypal fee schedule 

Login to Me Too

Ahmed998
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal says that sending money is free. Only receiving pays fees. thats what the documentation said.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

notsending overseas and depends on source of fund as well,look up fee schedule,it is all there

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@Ahmed998 wrote:

Paypal says that sending money is free. Only receiving pays fees. thats what the documentation said.

that's for paying under goods and services for the buyer/

you are in Australia,so see if there is a fee schedule for AUSTRALIA  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

GO THRU THE MOTION OF SENDING FEE,AND SEE WHAT are the fees ,you don't have to confirm it.

as for the recipient,ask her to do some research on her end,I am in USA,cant see the fee schedule of Australia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.