receiving money

JandTL
New Community Member

Hi!  I've used paypal a few time to pay for things with my Amex card which I have linked.  I have someone who wants to pay me via paypal.  Can anyone explain how it works?  Is there any risk of them pulling the funds back or anything?  Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JandTL 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > seller protection.

DO NOT accept friends/family payments as its against paypal rules and can lead to your account being limited and you would have 0 seller protection.

Also be VERY aware of SCAMS, no funds in your paypal balance normally means they have not paid whatever they say.

When in doubt come back on here and ask.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JandTL 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > seller protection.

DO NOT accept friends/family payments as its against paypal rules and can lead to your account being limited and you would have 0 seller protection.

Also be VERY aware of SCAMS, no funds in your paypal balance normally means they have not paid whatever they say.

When in doubt come back on here and ask.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.