paypal

kimy8
Contributor
Contributor
i receive letter from paypal it says if i will not going to update my info i will be band to ebay forever and it also says that someone using may paypal in different countries so i was worried since i think it was a scam its asking my details i didnt click the link what if it was a scam
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kimy8,

Thank you for your post! You're absolutely correct to be cautious! If you were asked by email to provide personal information, the best thing to do is log in to your PayPal account from a separate browser window without clicking any links, and check to see if there's any messaging directing you to supply information in the Resolution Center. If there is, you'll be able to supply that information securely from within your PayPal account. You don't want to click any links in an email, because fraudsters do use the tactic you described to trick people into giving their information.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.