lack of support

mcli
Contributor
Contributor

How in the world do you contact support and actually talk to a person.  For some issues an automated messaging system is not satisfactory.

Paypal you better wake up or you will lose my business.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mcli
Contributor
Contributor

Advice came a little to late - but will have to try that if the need arises again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcli 

Well if you don't want help from us all i can suggest is...........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mecha1
Contributor
Contributor

Woww!......  "Well if you don't want help from us all i can suggest is..........."

Really?

We do not want help from you?

1) Are you the PR person for the going down company called PayPal?

2) Are you on commission from them to say good things here on behalf of them? (we know many companies actually do that)

3) Or did you just wake up in the morning in an utopian world?

Must not be from this planet I suppose.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mecha1 

Grow up, i am a USER of this forum the same as you are.

The original poster was asking how to contact customer services with a problem.

So i replied that if she did not want to ASK HER QUESTION ON HERE ie she did not want help from this community (which you are a part of)..........then..... and i told her how to contact customer services instead.

How you thinking that my reply was saying ''good things'' about paypal OR ''made me a PR person'' for paypal is irrational and incomprehensible.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mcli
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  I did try calling with the code but all I got was more automated messages with no option to talk to a real person. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcli 

Sorry about the troll on your thread.

When you get through next time don't select any questions or options just press 0 a few times and that sometimes bypasses the 'bot' or as i said before you could try asking the community we 'may' be able to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mcli
Contributor
Contributor
I thought I was asking the comminity for support on how to talk to a real person. Even my email responses from paypal were automated and inappropriate for the problem I was having. Anyway, my dispute expired, I have no product and now I’m potentially **bleep**. Thanks Paypal for your excellent support.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcli 

And in my first post i told you exactly how to speak to an agent and further down told you exactly how to bypass the bot on the phone so you get to speak to someone, so why did you not take that advice? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

mcli
Contributor
Contributor

Advice came a little to late - but will have to try that if the need arises again.

Login to Me Too

Johnnyk87
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same problem. I have been trying to since I am in Kenya I have been trying to link my PayPal account with my mobile number but it seems impossible. the problem is that Safaricom stated that they cannot change my name because that is the way it appears in my national ID. after contacting Paypal support I was asked for documents that I do not have like a court order or marriage certificate something like that. finally, I emailed the same to PayPal support and also sent the same problem to Facebook page as well as Twitter. I was advised to make a call and that's when I bumped into the automated machine. no matter how many times I tried to read out the reference code given the machine cannot get the number right. finally i got frustrated and gave up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.